Chapter 6. Sorry.

Chapter 6

Mia's POV

I locked my eyes with the white ceiling above me as I laid in bed, pondering about which day it was. I had totally lost track of days being in London. I was usually very good at keeping track because of how much my career depended on constant planning. I let out a sigh.

Was it only yesterday that Harry left? I missed his cheeriness already.

It was still early - the sun hadn't shown through the curtains yet, letting darkness reign instead. I should probably get back to sleep. Closing my eyes, I tried to imagine a good dream to drift off into.

....

....

I couldn't fall asleep. The guy in the other room, just twenty feet away kept bothering me. Was he really going to watch me 24/7?

He was insane.

He was being more of a lunatic than he claimed me to be.

Zayn.

Zayn Malik.

Zayn Javadd Malik.

Even in my head, his name sounded arrogant. I mentally slapped myself for remembering his whole name. Why did I even bother knowing a jerk's full name?!

I kept telling myself out loud, "You're doing this for Perrie. For Perrie. Anything for Perrie."

After showering last night, I tried to do something nice for him and reconcile our differences by cooking a nice, warm dinner, but he refused to even eat at the table with me. It's not like I had a contagion or something, but he did warn me about going anywhere near him.

Falling in love with him? I scoffed in my head. That wouldn't be a problem.

Since I couldn't go back to sleep, my thoughts preoccupied with the jerk across the hallway, I decided to take a stroll around the neighborhood. I forced myself off the guest bed and pulled on something comfy, layering myself with two sweaters, as the morning temperature gets pretty chilly.

I pulled on a pair of stretchy blue skinnies, a floral tan sweater over a white one, a grey blazer which was a little oversized so that it was more loose fitting. I let my brown hair down my back because I was too lazy to put it up in a ponytail.

It was slightly dark when I walked into the hallway since the sun hadn't come up yet, but I could still see around me. Everything just had a blue tint to it. The walls, the floor, the ceiling. Thank goodness his house had large glass windows in his dining room that let in some natural light.

I didn't bother to walk lightly since Zayn slept through anything anyway. I could play the theme of 'Jaws' and he still wouldn't wake.

And this time, I will absolutely not look into his room even if I heard a loud crash or the sound of foghorn. I was not gonna go through that incident again. The memory reappeared in my head and caused a shudder to surge through my insides. Definitely not a good idea to be in his room ever again.

I figured it's still early, so I decided to walk out through the front door. Paps weren't that crazy to take photos in the early morning like this. Or I could be wrong.

The sky was filled with grey clouds, but it was still better than staying and suffocating in that house.

In the middle of my morning walk, I noticed that my feet started to hurt. Probably from shopping too much yesterday. To take my mind off of the gradual pain, my eyes started to observe the neighborhood. There weren't that many houses around. Just a couple here and there. The street was a two way, and the sidewalks had trees planted right in the middle every twenty steps or so.