Chapter 1. Favor.

Warning: I wrote this during carroty stage, yes I know, cringe worthy. xD .. And some subplots may be EXTREMELY unrealistic so don't complain that it is because I know how horribly dramatic this is. I'm finally motivating myself to edit and revise.

But anyways, carry on. Thanks again.

Chapter 1

Mia's POV

"What is life without love?" I asked the obscured man in front of me. I couldn't make out his features from across the round table, but I knew he was there, deeply thinking of a response for my question.

"Nothing..." He answered, his illuminating green eyes opened somehow possessed my very being.

"What does the future hold?" I kept asking even though I would very much like to run away right now.

"Whatever you do now, whichever path you choose, that's what your future holds."

The green eyed man turned away, and I reached out to him, yelling at him to stop from disappearing into the darkness, but I was suddenly awakened by the sound of a church bell gonging from a distance.

***

As I laid underneath my beige duvet, I peeked through the hole I formed with my hands to see 9:04 in large, white block numbers on the alarm clock sitting on my nightstand. I closed my eyes and smiled to myself as I enjoyed the feeling of having no responsibility.

I never usually woke this late but today was an exception. My normal days started at precisely 6:30 every morning; get ready for no more than thirty minutes, then head down to the local bakery to pick up some beverages and snacks for me and my employees. I always arrived at the studio at exactly 8 o'clock sharp.

Today was Saturday. My only day off.

Sunday through Friday, life since I turned into a legal adult had always been about work.

Work, work, work, and more work.

My mother would always remind me to be on time. Well, whenever she was around that is which wasn't very long. Apparently jobs were more important than children. I didn't agree with that back then, but I do now. Working was a way to keep life interesting and busy. I would die of boredom if I had nothing to do.

I continued to stay in bed like a lazy bum while I fiddled with my phone - catching up with everyone on Facebook, Instagram, then I do my daily run of e-mails. Mostly previous clients thanking me for the hard work. I adored all of the people who trusted someone like me to take care of their special day.

After my unproductiveness in bed for about twenty minutes, I get up to use the bathroom, but I heard my phone ring. Come on! Everyone's gotta pee in the morning.

It was my workplace.

"Mia Vance. How can I be of service?"

"Girl, we need you here at the studio." Ahhh, Linda. My bestie, who by the way, worked for me. She was basically my right hand man .. er .. woman.

"Is it an emergency?" Obviously it had to be. I always reminded her to never bother me on my days off.

"Obviously! I know how you feel about Saturdays. Now get your bum over here immediately!" She demanded over the phone.

I loved her straightforwardness, sometimes. It came in handy during certain situations. I was never good at confrontations so she mostly handles all the 'bad eggs' or the rude customers. And when I say rude, I mean really nasty. Fainting over a missing centerpiece and then yelling at everyone the next second nasty. That's why I hired her. That, and because she was my best friend.