Chapter 14. Confession.

Chapter 14

Mia's POV

I could hear the sound of beach waves crashing the shore in a repetitive, smooth motion. The rats of the sun felt good on my ivory toned skin as I laid on my towel placed on the white sand.

This was the life. A life with no worries and no stress.

Suddenly across the horizon, storm clouds roared through across the ocean, engulfing the sky within seconds. Everyone started to flee the beach as I gathered my belongings.

Once I got running, the beach waves seemed to move closer, enclosing the distance between me and the shore. I looked out to see a tall figure standing straight across from me. I tried to call out for help but nothing came out. The figure moved a step closer, a light hit his face revealing his identity.

Zayn.

I yelled at him to help because the waves were gaining in on me. Also because I didn't know how to swim! I reached out my hand but he just stood there, with an indifferent expression on his face. Though his eyes were conveying a deep sadness.

That's when I woke from my nightmare, panting heavily with my arm straight up.

How did he even appear in my dreams?

I heard three knocks on my door and the tormenting screech of the doorbell.

Who would come visit me?

Nobody knew that I was home yet. I looked at the alarm on my nightstand to see that it was already half past eight.

Did I really sleep that long?!

Quickly, I got up and fixed my caveman hair in the mirror on top of the dresser. I rushed over to my door and looked through the peephole.

To my relief, it was only Linda. It could have been worse. I quickly opened the door and greeted her with a long bear hug.

"Linda! I've missed you!" I shouted in the hallway almost in tears. It was so nice to see a familiar face.

She was wearing her usual oversized cardigan with a long skirt that covered her knees. For an odd reason, she was always insecure about her knees. Don't ask me why.

"Me too! But you need to tell me what's going on right now. I heard about the news." This was one of the reasons she was such a great friend. She was always worrying about me.

We decided to talk in my home since the hallway did not allow privacy.

I explained everything to her, but she didn't seem to be shocked at all. I guess everybody had all the information already.

"So .. Are you or are you not going to be with Zayn? People believe that you're his real girlfriend and that Perrie was just a diversion to keep your relationship with him hidden," she told me the obvious.

I hesitated to answer. I hadn't yet told her my feelings for Zayn.

I was afraid that my absurd affections towards him would get out into the public but she was my best friend so I had no choice but to tell her.

"So, what are you going to do?" She asked me again.

"I don't know. What would you do? If you were in my shoes, what would you do, Lin?"

She leaned towards me and wrapped her arms around me.

"I think you should trust what your heart tells you. I'm not going to be here all the time to help you make life decision. This is all your decision."

This was all on me and I hated it. Bearing this kind of responsibility. If I go back, it would be too embarrassing to face Zayn and his mates. Was he worried at all about me when he found out I left?