Chapter 5. Cats.

Chapter 5

Mia's POV

It was morning outside when I woke in Zayn's guest room. This was the first time in a long time where I actually had trouble sleeping. Not since -- Well my childhood.

Still laying in the queen sized bed, I contemplated my recent decision on coming to London. I was beginning to doubt my unplanned vacation because the guy I was currently living with hated my guts and he didn't even know two things about me.

Surviving for a week here with Zayn would be like surviving a plague in the middle of a decade long war and it hadn't even been twelve hours yet. There was an unexplainably harsh tension around us, and I didn't like this sort of feeling. I felt suffocated. Every movement I would make, I felt like his eyes would be glued onto me like a lion's stalking its prey.

How was I going to survive this week?

It might even be two weeks since Perrie said 'a week or two'. I shifted in bed at the dreadful thought of being here for two whole weeks.

What was I thinking?

How could I just selfishly leave Linda alone?

I decided on calling her to check up on things.

...

Come on, pick up.

...

Voice mail. Great.

"Hey Lin, it's me. Uh, I'm calling to let you know that I'm going to be in London for about a little over a week. I'm sure Perrie warned you and you both were in on this to fool me. Well, let me know if you need anything. Should I just come back? I think I will. Just let me know if I should. I can't make decisions without you. Okay, bye."

I hung up after the closing beep in disappointment. Even if I was Linda's superior, she had much better judgment than I do when it came to life situations. Life has had its up and downs for me. And a down would be me having no clothes to change into.

Since I didn't have any clothes, I wore what I did yesterday. Kinda dirty but it was only for one day. I'm sure I could find time to go shopping today since I didn't have any plans. It would be a good excuse to be away from Javadd.

I walked out of the room to use the bathroom nearby, but I heard subtle whimpers coming from Zayn's room.

He doesn't have a dog, does he? Or a cat?

Oh yeah. I had forgotten that he liked cats, especially lions. He wouldn't actually have a lion in his house, would he?

His door was slightly cracked open, so I pushed it gently with my fingertips to see where the noise was coming from.

It was from ... Javadd?

His slight jerks on the bed distorted the duvet around him. I ambled quietly through his room to the side of his large bed and noticed how damp his face was with beads of sweat. I quickly searched for a small hand towel in the bathroom and returned to the side of the bed in a second.

Thoughts of his sudden condition flooded through me. Was he sick? Was he having a nightmare?

Was he --?

Wait.

When did I start caring so much about this guy?

He didn't want me anywhere near him yet her I was, in his own personal space.

Maternal instinct, I guess.

While I carefully seated myself next to him, I cleaned off his sweat on the sides of his glimmering face. My eyes unconsciously analyzed his god-like face. The dark eyebrows, the stubble of his. He looked like the prototype of an angel but had the attitude of the devil.