Chapter 21. Rekindled.

Chapter 21

Mia's POV

It was now half past midnight, thirty minutes since the restaurant closed. Everyone's been helping, cleaning the restaurant and I sat here, enjoying my glass of sparkling water when Wentworth came up to me and told me to go home first since I came in for Victoria's shift.

"It's fine, I want to help," I tell him.

"You're probably tired from working four nights in a row. Why don't you go home and rest," he suggested but I shook my head with a slight smile on my face. "Fine, stay here. I can't make you do something you don't want to do," he playfully surrendered his arms and walked back to the kitchen.

I was tired but I loved everyone's company.

Tyler, one of the three main bartenders, came up from behind the counter.

"You slacking there, Mia?" He jokingly asked and I laughed a little.

"Yes. You know I'm quite the slacker."

Tyler was a very good looking man for being in his early thirties. He was even questioned by a customer if he was of legal age to sell alcohol. Maybe it was a joke because he didn't look that young. The nice fit body, the slick, smooth blonde hair that was always brushed back, and his confidence made him look very attractive.

The handsome bartender was drying some glasses when he began asking, "Why are you staying here? If I were you, I would have left already."

"I was waiting for you Tyler. Would you love a cup of tea later?" I said sarcastically. By the look on his face, I could tell he picked it up. We always joked with each other but we barely talked about other things.

Juliana came out from the back doors and sat down next to me. "Why you flirting with my chica, Tyler?"

"I just couldn't help myself, Boss." Winking as he said that.

Was that for me, or for Juliana? Why does it even matter?

"Get back to work ... And you," Juliana said turning her attention to me. "Why are you still here? Honey told you to leave."

"I know but I would feel bad if I left early leaving all of you to work," I admitted.

"Don't worry about it. Your presence is doing absolutely nothing, maybe even hurting us even more," she sighed. "I love you though. Oops. I almost forgot something. You have the weekend off by special request," Juliana said as she reached in her back pocket for a note. She placed it in front of me on the bar counter.

"What's that?" I asked but she just smiled and patted my shoulder, leaving me baffled.

Weekend off? Special request?

I observed the small white note on all sides. Slowly unfolding each crease, in sloppy letters it read: "Meet me outside the front of the restaurant. I'll be waiting."

Meet...Who? I followed Juliana to ask who left this for me.

What if it was some stalker?! Or worse .. a killer? Juliana wouldn't be part of a murder, would she? What am I thinking?! I'm crazy.

I should trust Juliana's judgment. Hopefully it wasn't a blind date. Juliana thinks Ive been single for too long and I wouldn't be surprised if she set me up with one of her friends. Dates were already awkward enough and with me in the equation, who knows what would happen.

I quickly made my way across to the back room and changed into my normal clothes, my dark blue skinny jeans and a grey sweatshirt that had "Columbia" written across the chest.