Chapter 9. Proposal.

Chapter 9

Mia's POV

I bursted out laughing at hearing my first drunk experience. I laughed so hard that my stomach started to hurt and my breathing was now hard to catch up.

I explained, well in my opinion, failed to explain what love was to Zayn. I told him that I 'hated' Perrie. That thought bothered me. I didn't hate Perrie. She was always a great friend ... One who had everything. I was just ... envious

"How did I end up in your bedroom though?"

"I'm not sure. I left you in the guest room, went to shower and the next thing I know, you were fast asleep on my bed."

"You didn't sleep with---"

"No no no. I slept in the lounge." Zayn's repeating of no's told me how much he was repulsed by the thought.

Offense non taken.

"You hungry?" Zayn asked.

Thank goodness. I didn't want to contemplate this a second longer. My stomach growled at the word. Only now had I realized that I was starving.

He decided to take me to the most convenient place: McDonald's. I was tired and hungover and comfort food sounded really good right now. I objected, afraid that people might see us but Zayn could care less because of our relationship. There was none - only groom and wedding planner.

Before we left, I applied some concealer under my eyes. If the cameras found us, I would definitely need to look presentable.

***

I ordered the Steak Egg and Cheese Bagel with an orange juice and an extra hashbrown. Zayn gave me a funny look at the addition.

"What? I love steak .. and potatoes."

Zayn laughed. "Niall would love you."

Niall? Oh, the blonde bandmate. He was pretty cute too. And he played the guitar.

Bonus!

It was different this time. Zayn seemed to be more at ease.

I hadn't realized that I was staring at his face since the sunlight that shown through the glass windows hit his face at the perfect angle.

"Hello? Mia? You still there?" Zayn repeatedly questioned, waving his hand in front of my face.

I cleared my throat back to reality. "Sorry." I focused my attention back to the empty tray. "Did she ask me for my money?" I muttered to Zayn after he finished ordering.

"I think you're still a little drunk from last night. I paid for it Mia."

"You did? How kind of you." I was surprised. If anyone said to me that Zayn would be paying for my McDonald's breakfast two weeks ago, I would have told them that they'd win a camel in the same period of time.

After getting our breakfast, we found a remote table in the back. I took a bite of my bagel. Ohh, heaven. It was unhealthy and fattening, but I gotta love my McDonalds.

All Zayn got was a hot tea with two Sausage McMuffins. No wonder he was so slender. Eating so little.

"Did you mean it?" Zayn asked as took a sip of his tea.

"Mean what?"

"The thing you said about love. It would be hard to believe because you were completely intoxicated but your words, they sounded ... real almost," he explained leaning in, giving me a better view of his caramel toned eyes.

"Uhh," again with the surprising questions. They always had me speechless. "I guess. What did I say again?"

"I just told you this morning!"