Chapter 26. Chinese.

A/N: if you just started reading, skip the note (:

There were some additions to the story while doing revisions. So to my loyal readers, I'm sorry for that. D: Just simple matters such as Mia's parents who are hotel tycoons. She doesn't have the best relationship with them. Winifred is her perfect elder sister who was forced to get married with someone she didn't know. They currently have a three year old son (which is not important to storyline...yet).

Chapter 26

Mia's POV

It's been over half an hour since I was to pick up Zayn from his meeting. Only thing was, he hadn't finished yet. I've been waiting in the car, listening to nothing but talk radio. It was interesting at first but then I got bored five minutes in.

I wonder why I wasn't allowed to go with Zayn. Since I was his bodyguard, aren't I supposed to be with him at all times? Not that I wanted to be.

Mark strictly told me to return in an hour, which I did. I was always a very punctual person. Usually.

Shortly after, Zayn came walking out of the front doors. Not to my surprise, a few fans rushed up to him and started asking for pictures. There weren't that many girls so I just watched him from the car. A little crowd of fans won't do any harm.

Once they went on their way practically giddy, I got out from my side of the car to the other side. Zayn was walking towards me looking agitated as he kept his gaze on the ground.

Strange. Was he pretending to be happy just a moment ago?

I didn't want to ask anything since I figured, it wasn't my place. Zayn gave me a funny look when I opened the back door for him.

"Aren't you going to get in?" I asked.

Zayn rolled his eyes while seating himself inside the backseat.

I didn't want him to sit in the shot gun seat near me like this morning. It would be more comfortable this way, almost as if I was his personal chauffeur/bodyguard. He was my superior anyway.

The ride back to Zayn's house wasn't any better. It was quiet and even longer than I remembered.

"What's that smell?" The man child sniffed in the backseat.

It must have been the bag of food I had sitting on the passenger seat. I forgot that I had picked up lunch for him. "I got you Chinese for lunch. Is that alright?"

"I suppose."

Zayn's answer was like a stubborn child. Then again, he was a man child. A smile formed on my face from the small bickering we had this morning. I took a glance at my rearview mirror to see him staring out his window. The sights of L.A weren't that different from London. Buildings were, after all, just buildings. The only difference was the warmer weather which I didn't have a complaint about.

The brown paper bag of Chinese was pretty large. I didn't know what Zayn liked to eat so I got a variety of things. Shrimp lo mein, General Tso's Chicken, Sweet and Sour chicken, beef and broccoli, basically almost the whole menu.

***

As Zayn went upstairs to change, I rearranged the Chinese dishes on the dining table. Half of the large table was literally filled, letting the delicious aroma fill the room. I didn't remember ordering this much food.

Zayn walked in and his jaw dropped to the floor. He immediately seated himself at the end of the table, his eyes enthusiastically scanning the plates. "You bought all of this ... for me?"

"I didn't know what you liked so I just got a variety. I'm sorry."

"Sorry? Why are you apologizing? Sit." Zayn's eyes didn't even separate from the food as he spoke.