Chapter 28. Laura.

Since I love you guys, I decided to upload another chapter. I was hesitant on it but I trust that you'll keep on going with the story .. :))

Chapter 28

Mia's POV

It was around three in the morning when I was in the middle of researching home remedies for hangovers. I'm sure Zayn would be treated with one as soon as he woke up. He rarely drank and his sudden overconsumption will definitely have an effect on his body.

People change though, Mia. He could have been a drinker for a while and I just didn't know anything about it.

Apparently bananas were good for you the morning after too much drinking. Luckily I had gone grocery shopping this past week to stock on my pantry.

Honey and lemons in hot water was also a reappearing topic. I'd better leave a note for George in the morning about what to do.

I thought back to my first drunk experience, and it happened to be with Zayn. The night was so blurred that I barely remembered anything the morning after. Zayn even had to explain to me the morning after about the things I said.

I smiled at the old memory. Interrupting my thoughts, I heard a rustle coming from the front door.

Who could it be? It's not George because it wasn't his shift yet.

I slowly crept to the door and saw somebody in a full black outfit out the window. It was kind of hard to see who it was since it was still dark outside. The outline of the person was still visible though.

A thief? They turned around to walk away after slipping something in Zayn's mailbox.

A letter?

It must be the fan who's been threatening him. My heart began racing once realizing who it could be. Who the hell would drop a letter off at three in the morning?

Instead of tackling them right away, I quickly called George to come in early because I think I had a lead on this person. He immediately understood and I left Zayn's place. Surely he would be fine for ten minutes.

I followed the culprit all the way to their home with the letter in my hand. They even looked back a couple times to see if anyone was following them. It was about ten minutes away from Zayn's place when he or she arrived at the house. I couldn't believe that someone who was threatening Zayn was this close in proximity to him.

I stayed hidden behind a tree until the sun rose. As tired as I was, I needed to confront this person. If they didn't cooperate, I would have to drag their ass to the police station.

I waited til seven to make my move. Walking up to the white door in front of the house, I was beginning to get nervous. Confrontations weren't my forte. I pushed that thought back. That was the old me. The new me will be confident.

I rang the doorbell twice and a man answered the door. He had crazy white hair, small bifocals on, a patterned sweater vest with khaki pants.

"Hi, can I help you?"

"Yes. Do you by perhaps have a daughter or son who lives with you?"

"What trouble did she cause now?"

From his tone of voice, I could tell she was a constant troublemaker.

"Can I come in?"

He nodded and opened his door for me to enter. Right to my left was a long carpeted staircase to the second floor. The walls were a beige tone and the floors were a mahogany carpet. Seemed like a normal home.