Chapter 27. Drunk.

Chapter 27

Mia's POV

My first week as Mr. Zayn Malik's day bodyguard went by quicker than I thought. Every morning at four, I got up. Got dressed and arrived at Mr. Malik's place and as always, ten minutes early.

Every day was the same. Lindsay would always be around strutting in one of Zayn's shirts. I was beginning to think she was doing it on purpose. As if she was trying to make me jealous. But I could be wrong since she was always kind towards me. Maybe she felt comfortable around me.

The beautiful model stood up for me when Zayn teased about my look and she offered to cook us breakfast every morning.

Then we would drive to the studio where Zayn talked with his mentors, practiced his songs, recordings. All that stuff. It was very interesting to see him working so hard through that glass window. His passion for singing. His passion for pleasing his fans. I could tell all of this meant a lot to him.

The only thing that caused tension was the fact that Zayn was still being threatened. Not physically but verbally. He had told me about the discrete emails and letters delivered to his house which almost made me pee in my pants.

Towards the end of the week, investigators concluded that it was a definitely a fan who was doing this to Zayn. I mean obviously. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Nevertheless I was grateful for their help. I mean, we - we were grateful for their help.

What made me feel even worse was the fact that it was my fault for bringing this kind of terror upon Zayn. I never thought it would come down to this. I never thought someone would do this to him.

The condos weren't that far away from Zayn's place either which was a great thing. If any danger occurred, either George or I was only ten minutes away.

During this time, Mark also questioned us about Lindsay. Apparently they haven't commented on any of the paparazzi's accusations of them being together. We didn't spill much information to Mark. I just told him that they were going steady and he politely asked that we didn't mention any of this to Zayn. He didn't want any shenanigans going on right before his first tour as a solo artist.

It was my turn for the night shift this following week. Since Zayn always made fun of my boring outfits, I decided to change it up a bit.

I wore a dark purple blouse with a pair of black dress pants. It wasn't much of a difference but at least I had color in this outfit. See if you have anything to say now, Mr. Malik.

As I packed my pajamas and my bodyguard weapon, I wasn't used to saying gun yet, into my satchel, my phone started to ring. It was George.

"Hey George. I was just on my way."

"Okay. I'll text you the address."

"Alright? I'll see you in a bit."

George and I have became good friends this past week. We don't really see each other except when changing shifts but we would have a little talk here and there. Mostly about Zayn and his stubbornness. It was something we bonded over.

I punched the address into my GPS system and it took me to the other side of town. When I arrived at the place, it was obvious that it was a pub.

Surely, Zayn wasn't having a drink at a time like this, was he?

As I pushed the front door to an empty room, my eyes searched for a burly man dressed in a suit and a handsome popstar.

Instead I saw Lindsay walking towards me, her face almost looked angry. It was kind of unexpected and scary since she was always in a great mood.