Chapter 29. Us.

Chapter 29

Mia's POV

Ten in the morning and Zayn was still asleep while George, Laura and I were talking in the living room. George was reluctant to let her stay but once I explained who she was and her problems, he eventually gave in to our pleading. It was awkward but once we got into conversation, George's muscles became relaxed. I could see it behind his clothes.

Our heads turned once we heard footsteps coming from the direction of the stairs. I was beginning to think this was a mistake. I was nervous as to how Zayn would take this. Someone should have warned him, gave him a heads up about who Laura was. Plus his hangover did not mentally prepare him for what's about to happen.

"Mia? You're still here?" Zayn sluggishly spoke. He was still wearing the same outfit from last night. I figured he would have showered by now since he always loved to be polished.

"Yea. I'm still here. You have a visitor," I said to him, carefully observing his every move. He brushed his hair back through his fingers and saw that I wasn't alone in the living room. His eyes traveled from mine to the other two people in the room then stopped at Laura, who tensed in her seat.

"Who's that?"

"Come and sit," George said before I did.

"What's going on?" Zayn asked, seating himself cautiously on the place next to George.

"Do you want to introduce yourself?" I tried to keep my voice soft so that Laura could respond or do something because all she could do was stare at the 'idol she loves'.

"I'm...Laura," she managed.

"Hi, Laura? I'm Zayn."

"I know. I'm so sorry. Oh god. I can't do this," she uttered turning to me. "I'm sorry. I need to go."

"No, Laura. Stay," I told her. "He needs to know."

As expected, Zayn kind of freaked when Laura exposed her identity. She must have apologized ten times yet the stubborn singer still showed no interest. His facial expression altered with every minute as he processed the information. Probably confusion, anger. Zayn blankly got up from his seat next to George and walked out of the room. I got up to follow him but stopped when George went instead.

Laura was still in her seat, tears surfacing again. "It's alright, Laura. George and I will help you." There was that reassuring smile again.

George came back in the lounge. "He wants to speak with you Mia."

"Me?" I pointed to myself, perplexed at why Zayn would want a private talk with me. Well, I did bring his offender over.

He wasn't in the kitchen where I thought he'd be. I checked the back porch but still no Zayn. Upstairs lounge, no sight of him.

There was only one more place he could be. His bedroom. I didn't know why, but I felt uneasy at the thought. I would be walking into his personal space. His private room where he shared with previous girlfriends.

The door to his room was open, and I could see him staring outside the window in some deep thought. I carefully pushed the door open yet Zayn still heard my entrance. Breaking our stare, my gaze went to the large window. As I walked over to him, I made sure that I was at least ten feet away from him. Who knew what he would do to me after last night?

Punch me? Zayn would never hit me. But then again. People change.

"Why do you need such a large window?" I casually asked.

"Why'd you bring her here?" His ominous tone frightened every cell in my body.

"Right to the point, huh?"