Chapter 10. Baby.

Chapter 10

Mia's POV

The remainder of the tour, I could barely look at Zayn. After 'the accident', my cheeks were so hot, and I couldn't even feel my legs anymore.

How could he do that to me when he had the perfect fiance?

Especially when his fiancé was my one of my friends. Even if it was a compromising situation, we could have easily backed out of it. Given our circumstances, we could have made up an excuse like 'we would appreciate some privacy' .. or Zayn could have just not kissed me!

As I kept thinking about all the other possibilities, my feelings alternated from guilt to anger. Guilty that I, regret to say, enjoyed 'the accident' , angry that I would didn't even push Zayn off.

God, I felt terrible.

Should I tell Perrie about this?

Would she be horrified for having such a bad person be her friend?

Without a doubt, Perrie would fire me and I would completely understand why.

But it was Zayn who kissed me ...

I hated myself for trying to place the blame on Zayn. It wasn't entirely his fault because I kissed him back.

***

We were at our last stop of the day which was a small antique shop that was far from the city.

We didn't have to stay at the shop but I didn't want to get lost. Only God knows how easily I do that. If it wasn't for Harry, it would have taken me much longer to find Zayn's place.

I was looking at salmon conch shell that was on one of the counters, and remembered going to the beach as a child. It was a nice time with Winnie and Nana there and I remember picking one of these up and listening to what Nana called the ocean. I was about to pick it up when a large hand grabbed it before me and put it up to his ear.

"They say you can hear the ocean if you listen very closely," Zayn read my thoughts.

I wanted to say something but I stopped myself afraid of what I would say. This felt even more awkward than before. To think that we could actually be friends.

"Yeah, pretty cool," I murmured and walked away. His face was still hard to look at. I didn't get too far when I felt his hand pull me to the corner of the store. The touch was burning again as the sudden contact resonated through my veins.

"Look, about what happened, I didn't mean--"

"Why'd you do it?" I asked, looking right into his eyes.

"I --" he hesitated to come up with an answer.

"You what?"

"I don't know. I'm not a fast thinker."

"That's not a good excuse," my voice was louder than I thought when one of the people on the tour turned their head towards us. He immediately looked away thinking we were doing something. Zayn was standing rather close to me and I pushed him back to give me some breathing room.

"I - I'm sorry."

I shook my head. "I'm sorry too."

"For what?" He looked baffled at my apology.

"For making you come on this tour with me. But just because I'm sorry doesn't mean I forgive you. That kiss --" I was about to say that it was my first but decided against it. He might make fun of me. "Never mind. Just leave me to my thoughts for now, okay?"