Chapter 34. Friends.

a/n : I'm so thankful to everyone of my readers who actually read this book. I'm motivated by you all and your support is outstanding. I'll never forget it. (; much love <333

Chapter 34

Mia's POV

"How far is this place?" I asked Zayn as he pulled me down the stairs. He didn't even answer me so what was the point in asking. I pulled back a couple times in attempt to free myself but Zayn tugged harder each time I tried.

"Could you please listen to me?," I uttered but again, he wasn't listening as he kept proceeding down the long staircase. "You're hurting me!" I demanded and that's when he loosened his grip.

"I am?" He asked wide eyed and took my wrist with both hands, observing it. "Where does it hurt?"

"It's fine," I pulled away self consciously.

"No, let me take a look," he reached for my sore arm, wrapping his fingers around my hand and forearm. I hated it when he touched me, luckily I was wearing a long sleeved blazer.

"It's not that bad," I tried to reassure him.

"You sure? You don't want to get it looked?" His eyes met mine and I could see the concern in them.

"Yeah, no. I mean, I'll live. Besides it's just a little sore. A doctor visit will be a waste of money," Feeling uncomfortable staring at him, my gaze went back onto my wrist.

"What happened?"

"You don't know?"

"No," he answered shaking his head.

"Well, of course not. You care so much about yourself that you feel it's unnecessary to concern yourself with others," I snapped and continued my way down the stairs.

Before I could even take a second step, a hand wrapped around the same wrist and I knew it was him again. The way our skin contacted each other, there was no ignoring the lingering sparks his fingers left on my arm. He spun me around to face him and I yelped in surprise and in pain. When our eyes met this time, I noticed that he looked rather angry, all the concern vanished.

"You really think I'm that vain?" His eyes held fire while mine started to moisten, yet no tears escaped.

"Yes, now let me go. People are starting to look," I spat and he released me. When my hand tried to massage the hurt area, his reaction changed.

"It's because of me, isn't it?" He asked and I stood speechless. I couldn't find the words to blame him. But my thoughts told me to stand up for myself or make some crude remark.

"Now that you know, can we leave? I'm sure your producer friend will be wondering why --"

"I didn't mean to grab you so hard," he interrupted.

"I told you, I'm fine," I said and meant it. It was getting better. Only a little sore but his constant jabs would only make it worse. "Just stop grabbing my wrist like it's a bar of gold or something."

"Okay, well, let's get going before the day ends," he smiled. His mood changed rather quickly. He went ahead of me down the stairs and I tried to follow closely. Who knows what would happen if there are fans waiting outside or in the lobby.

Suddenly there was a warm touch around my hand. The undeniable touch of his again.

"What are you doing? People will see," I complained, trying to pry myself free again.

"You're too slow. I'm holding your hand so that you won't get lost," he tugged me forwards and I was too tired to argue with him right now.

As we passed the lobby full of witnesses, I couldn't help notice the stares we were receiving. I wanted to shout out that I was just his bodyguard but he was pulling me outside so fast, yelling would only make me look crazy.