Once in a Lifetime

Quick excerpt:

"Are you satisfied now? Is it fun to be messing with girls like me? If you had your fun, you can leave now, " I ordered him, walking in the direction of my bedroom. But I realized I wasn't finished yet. There were still a couple things to get off my chest. "Was this your plan? To humiliate me in my own home. Well, you win Malik. You've embarrassed me long enough. Ruining my name in public with your little stunt. To think that I could actually have feelings for someone like you," As soon as I registered my own words, my hands immediately shot up and slapped over my mouth, my eyes opening wide as if I'd seen a ghost.

Did I just say that out loud? Shit.

"You have feelings for me?" The tone of his voice changed, but I wasn't going to let myself fall for it.

"N-no, have you lost your ears?" I said, louder than I wanted. "I said how could I have --"My mind went blank. My palms started to get sweaty and I could feel the nervous me starting to kick in. And I never really liked, nervous me because whenever she took over, my thoughts were literally written on forehead with permanent ink.

Not literally but you get my point.

Zayn moved towards me, closing the gap between us in a few strides. When he reached me, he carefully caressed my cheek with his hand and with what sounded like a genuine voice he said, "Maybe I have gone mad but I think I've grown something for you too, Mia."

Something? What was this something?

I wanted to push him away again, but I didn't. I couldn't make myself.

The only thing visible in his eyes were honesty. A quality that was hard to find. That I searched for but never found. As I gazed into them, I could no longer keep myself from falling for him.

I was already in too deep.

And the way he said my name at the end made me fall for him even harder.