Chapter 35. Highway.

I decided to dedicate this chapter to the one and only: JustAdriana. She's the one who really inspired me to start my own fan fiction because of her awesome Zayn Malik "I'm Not Her". If you haven't read it, it's simply amazing. I highly recommend it. (:

Song for chapter : "dare you to move" by .. Switch foot.

Chapter 35

Mia's POV

"You're shivering Mia," Zayn said, pushing me away from him.

"I'm fine. Let's just go," I said wiping my tears as I stormed off in embarrassment. Zayn had only seen me like this once and I shouldn't let him see me this distraught. I was a bodyguard for Pete's sake. I should be strong and have some pride. Not weak and emotional.

We walked back to the car in silence. Luckily the rain had subsided into a drizzle.

We'd been driving back to the hotel for a good fifteen minutes now and this time the silence between us didn't bother me.

"Mia, say something," Zayn said not looking at me, keeping watch on the road.

"What do you want me to say?" I finally found the courage to find my voice.

"I don't know. Anything. Anything to keep my mind off of you."

"Me?"

"Yes, now just say something to distract me," he demanded trying to keep his calm.

"Okay, well, your hair's never looked better," I knew what I said was stupid but it was the only thing I could think of.

"Really?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, you know. It's different."

"Good different?" he asked, meaning more behind his words. I called him out on being different so many times before. I didn't think someone as vain as him would take my opinions to heart.

"I can't do this," I blurted.

"Can't do what?" He glanced over at me for a second then back on the road.

"We need to talk about what just happened. Do you know anyone who would want to hurt you?" I asked him and he shook his head. "We have to tell Mark about this," I added and immediately, Zayn's hands turned the wheel to stop at the side of the street. "What was that for?"

"We aren't going to tell him about this. He would kill the both of us. If we do, I'll never be trusted again, not that he doesn't trust me already and you'll lose your job."

"When did you start to care about me losing my job?" I challenged. "I thought you'd be the first person to fire me."

"I don't feel like arguing with you right now," his voice was calm.

"I'm sorry. It's just..If we are ever caught in this situation again, we're never splitting from each other, you hear me?"

"Why? You that worried about me?" His tone was curious.

"Yes. I worry about you as a friend, I also worry about what's going to happen to me if Mark finds that we've lied to him. He's going to kill me," I added.

"Hey, this was not your fault."

"Yes it was. I was the one who made us go."

"No, I was the one who suggested it," he spoke sternly. "You didn't mean for any of this to happen --"

"No, I shouldn't have let my guard down. I should have been the grown up and walked back to the car and listened to what my head was telling me," I was talking so fast that I didn't notice that Zayn's hand had rested on my shoulder.