Chapter 7. Change.

If you're reading this, you're super cool !!! I made trailer for this book. Watch it in the media up there! (:

Chapter 7

Mia's POV

It was now about six in the morning as my mind tried to wrap around what just happened. I had never been put in such a critical situation. The closest experience would probably be spraining my ankle while playing soccer which I sucked at. I couldn't score a goal to save my life. Even if there was no goalie protecting the goal, I would somehow end up getting injured. Trust me, it happened.

Zayn and I were making our way back to his home but to the backyard this time just in case the paps were watching the front door.

Quiet strolls were awkward. You could literally cut the awkward tension with a bread knife. Zayn was treading a couple of steps behind me, and I could feel his eyes glued onto my back. It made me nervous for whatever reason.

My steps came to a halt and so did the sound of his steps behind me. I continued walking and a second later, I heard the shuffling steps resume.

I turned around to face him, suspiciously glaring, with my arms crossed. He jumped back a bit by my sudden motion, his hands still deep in the pockets of his sweatpants.

We just stared at each other for awhile and I have to say, Zayn in sweats - he looked good in them. He probably would look good in anything. You could dress him as a woman, and he'd still be hotter than me.

Wait a second.

He already did in their latest music video. Which one was it again? Damn these high profile celebrities and their good looks.

I let out a loud laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked in a serious tone. I could tell he was trying to hide his intrigued attitude. I left him hanging for a second by not replying immediately.

"I thought you didn't want me anywhere near you," I answered jokingly. He thought for a second and made sense of what I said.

Yea, your absurd condition.

"That was a life and death situation and now you're making fun?" He sounded offended.

"I was just trying to lighten up the situation."

"I don't need you lightening anything up," he snapped at me.

I guess I was being a little immature. I walked over closer to him so that we were face to face. He backed away at our close proximity, his features more prominent up close. His little stubble around his jawline, his piercing hazel eyes, and thick eyebrows were what struck out most.

"Trust me. You need to lighten up...and be a bit goofy. Ever since I've been in London, all I've seen is a ... stoic, immature child who hates me," I told him. He didn't answer me and all I could see was annoyance in his eyes. "Stop being so stubborn. Don't make me regret saving your life," I pointed my finger in his face. He swatted it away and continued walking.

I'm not going to lie but Zayn was pretty cute when he was pretending to be bitter. I could tell he was grateful for me saving his butt even if he didn't say it out loud.

***

When we got inside his house, Zayn immediately stormed to his room. The bastard didn't even thank me for saving his life. Or did he? I remembered him whispering something but thinking back, I couldn't recall what he said.

I wasn't all that hungry yet so I guess the TV would have to entertain me since Harry wasn't here. He said three days so hopefully tomorrow I would get to see his amusing face. Or wad it the day after tomorrow?