Chapter 25. Manchild.

• इन्हें समर्पित: _Aliyaa_

Chapter 25

Mia's POV

"Hello?" I answered my phone while still standing at the parking lot.

"Are you alright?"

"Ty, sorry. Yeah, I'm fine," I told him.

"Where are you?"

"In L.A. I still can't believe my luck. Can you believe it?"

"No, I can't," he teased. "But I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you. For everything. I couldn't have done anything without your help."

"It's nothing. Better take good care of yourself over there."

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. Can I actually call you back tomorrow?"

"Sure. Remember to remind yourself."

"I will. Bye Ty," I said before hanging up.

I didn't mean to end the call so early. I just had so much to do now that I was going to be living in Los Angeles for a couple months. Settle in the full furnished condo, pick up my car, and find a gym membership at the nearest location. Of course, I had to keep fit if I was going to be Zayn Malik's bodyguard. Something I used to hate doing - exercising.

Suddenly I heard the screeching of a car come from the entrance of the parking lot. It was a black Bentley, similar to Zayn's.

When the car sped towards me, I almost jumped from my place, only to see that it halted right beside me.

What the hell? That stupid driver could have killed me!

The black tinted windows rolled down and just as I predicted, it was a stupid driver -- Zayn now wearing a pair of brown aviators.

I scoffed at his recklessness. "You could have killed me," I said placing my hands on my hips.

"With my looks," he teased.

"Why'd you come back?" I asked impatient with his joke.

"Giving you a ride. Get in."

"With you, no thank you."

"Why? The past is the past remember. Get in by yourself or I'll drag you in."

His ultimatum was hard to refuse. I didn't want to be hauled again by him. My wrist still throbbed from earlier and having a weak spot was not what I needed on my first day tomorrow. I stomped my feet as I made my way to the passenger side and got in. In a split second, he drove out of the lot, scared for my life, I hung onto the sides. Did he think he was in some fast and the furious movie?

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"Dropping you off at the condo," he replied with little interest.

"I could have walked."

"No."

"No? That's it?" When he didn't reply, I turned my attention out the window. "How do you even know where it is?"

"That doesn't matter."

I furrowed my brows in suspicion. His replies were always short and I don't know why I even bothered asking.

"Well, I wasn't going home yet."

"Then where were you planning to go?" He asked as he merged onto the highway.

"It's none of your business."

"Tell me," he gritted through his teeth.

"No," I mocked him and crossed my arms.

Once in a Lifetime (Zayn Malik)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें