Chapter 60: Heavily Indebted

Funny how one phone call can drag you down into a dark abyss you never wanted to revisit. Ever since Wonwoo spoke to his parents, he felt rotten. The old negative feelings he had thought he had buried were starting to resurface. He was reminded of his abominable status, and of how corrupted the relationship with his parents was.

Most of all, he remembered just how much he missed them. Hearing their voices again made him feel so warm. However, what they said had hurt him so much, that all traces of that warmth were gone.

He had sent his mother a photo of him with Jin. She replied to the image with: I am so happy. The cross necklace that Jin often wore was clear in the photo, and it was probably that which made his mother so happy.

Wonwoo had long come to accept, however, that Jin had slipped from his fingers. Whatever she had with Vernon seemed stable enough. From what Wonwoo had seen, Vernon was good to her, and Jin seemed to have had fun on her first date. He did not want to pressure her with the lie he told his parents about the two of them, and so he decided not to tell her.

Plus, she seemed to have enough on her plate with Sena. He did not feel like adding himself to the list of friends towards whom she should feel responsible.

Wonwoo put the last of his belongings in his bag. This would be the last night he would spend in this room; he was going to move in with Mingyu tomorrow. The plan had been next week, but with the trip that Seokmin and Jin had planned in a few days, Wonwoo needed to move out before.

He was excited for the trip. It would be nice to get out of campus for a few days, and plus, he missed being together with all three of them. It had been too long since they spent time together, and it seemed that all four of them needed to be together for an extended period in order to resolve all of the issues floating around them.

-

The next morning, Wonwoo turned in his keys and checked out of his room. He passed by some of his neighbors, who seemed surprised he was leaving the room forever.

"Where are you moving?" one of them asked.

Wonwoo was careful not to tell them he was moving into the rich-people dorm. He just told them that a friend was willing to help him out as he was in a tough financial situation.

When Wonwoo arrived, Mingyu was waiting for him in the lobby. Before they went up, Mingyu informed the receptionist who worked there that Wonwoo would be living with him for a while. The receptionist only nodded indifferently.

Wonwoo had been going to and from this room for the longest time now, but ascending towards it this time was nerve-racking. This was his home now; he was going to have to get adapt to it. He was going to be seeing Mingyu everyday. He was going to sleep in the same room as him. The whole thing made him feel uneasy.

"Wait!" Mingyu told him before they entered, "before you go in, close your eyes."

"Why?"

"Just do it," Mingyu demanded.

Wonwoo obeyed and closed his eyes. He heard the click that meant that Mingyu had used the keycard to open the door.

"You know what, I don't trust you," Mingyu said jokingly and then Wonwoo felt Mingyu creep up from behind him and put his hands over Wonwoo's eyes.

"Why do you want me to close my eyes?" Wonwoo asked him as Mingyu walked him inside.

"You'll see," Mingyu said.

Wonwoo left his bag on the floor as Mingyu led him in and positioned him in a certain way.

"Keep your eyes closed!" Mingyu told him as he removed his hands and shuffled around him. Wonwoo waited patiently for Mingyu to tell him to open them. He didn't really know what to expect.