Chapter 68: Secrets Out

It was a good day that day. Sitting in a circle in the living room, they let out all of the secrets that had been plaguing their friendship for so long.

Wonwoo and Jin started by telling Seokmin and Sena about the little thing that happened between them: the kiss and Wonwoo's subsequent confusion and how the two of them almost ended up together. When Wonwoo was asked if he were still confused about his feelings for Jin, Wonwoo shook his head.

"I love Jin, but not like that," he said to them.

Seokmin was next to volunteer to say something, and he told them about Jiwoo, his late girlfriend that never left his mind. Jin had heard most of this story, and Wonwoo had been there to experience it. Seokmin was telling the story to Sena, who was the only one who did not really know about her. Unlike the time Seokmin told it to Jin, he was not as emotional this time; he sound a lot more confident and fluid.

"I'm slowly starting to move on from losing her, and I have all three of you to thank for that," he told them.

Sena was next to reveal how she had an alcohol problem after the first time Seungcheol violated her, a problem that she had to seek rehabilitation for so that she could start focusing on her classes. She talked about her counseling sessions, and how she had come clean about the rape to a woman in that center.

"She helped me so much. Without her, I think would have killed myself," Sena revealed. "She was the one who helped me get a diagnosis for anti-depressants, and she also talked me out of so much misery."

It made Jin feel so guilty to be reminded of that time when Sena was going through the worst kind of darkness, and Jin had not been there for her. Instead, Jin was writing in her diary about how jealous she was of her, and later made a conscious effort to ignore her...

Wonwoo seemed especially moved by what Sena was saying. From the way he looked at Sena, Jin could tell that it struck a chord with him.

And Sena seemed to be aware that it would, for she glanced at him when she was done. There was something that both of them seemed to know that Jin and Seokmin did not. That did not last very long though, for Wonwoo then started telling them about his own past experiences with depression that even Seokmin was surprised to hear about.

That story naturally led him to reveal something else: that phone call with his parents that Jin had been meaning to ask him about.

Wonwoo was clearly shaken by the experience. Jin did not think she had ever seen Wonwoo so vulnerable. It was something he was evidently sensitive about, for he looked as if he were about to cry as he recounted it.

"I lied and told them Jin was my girlfriend," Wonwoo finally revealed, looking towards Jin. "Sorry about that..."

"If you want me to, I'll be more than happy to pretend for you," Jin replied.

Wonwoo nodded, though he seemed uncertain about what he wanted exactly. Jin felt so bad for him, and she didn't know what to say to him. It was his parents' marriage that at was at stake for him, and so she felt she had no right to advise him.

"I don't know what to do," he said as he rubbed his forehead.

"You're not responsible for your parents," Sena said. "If they divorce, it's because of them and not you. Don't let them ruin your chances at happiness."

"A part of my happiness is that they stay together though," Wonwoo told her. "They're my parents," a tear fell from his eyes as he said it. It must have been the first time that Jin had ever seen Wonwoo cry.

"I'll talk to them, Wonwoo," Seokmin promised. "I'll try to get through to them."

"They won't listen," Wonwoo responded. "They won't listen to anyone."