Chapter 21: The Party

Wonwoo sat at the bar with a can of beer in his hands. He was tired of this end-of-midterm party. The only reason he went in the first place was so that he could perhaps spot a gay community; so far he found no one. It was frustrating.

A lot of girls had gone up to him to flirt and asked him to dance. He refused them all. He was just not in the mood to pretend to be interested in them. He only recently finished his last exam, and he was still tired from staying up to study the night before. But he couldn't leave. He took it upon himself to take care of Sena that night. She needed to be taken care of.

Sena was drunk, and too daring for her own good. She danced with everyone, and did not reject any guy who asked to dance with her. Sometimes the guys would go too far, and Sena was too drunk to really stop them. That would be when Wonwoo would interfere and stop them.

"Sena, stop drinking," Wonwoo ordered, taking the glass from her hand when the bartender had given her another one.

"I should stop dancing with other guys," she managed to say despite her intoxication, "they're taking advantage, right?"

"Yeah, they are," Wonwoo said, "want me to take you home?" He prayed she would say yes. If she stayed, he would have to stay with her because no one else would take care of her.

"Wonwoo," she said, "you dance with me. You're the only one I trust here."

"Why didn't Seokmin come?" Wonwoo muttered. It was usually Seokmin that got Sena through parties most of the time. He always came with her, controlled her drinking and danced with her.

"He said he wanted to catch up with Jin or something," Sena responded with a shrug.

"I don't feel like dancing," Wonwoo told her, "let's just go home."

"Is it because you're gay that you don't want to dance with me?" she asked a little too loudly.

"Shh, idiot," Wonwoo looked around to see if anyone heard, "don't say it out loud."

"Oopsies," she covered her mouth. "It's okay, no one heard."

"You're drunk. Let me take you home," Wonwoo kept insisting.

Sena looked around one last time, but then spotted someone in the distance, "there's a cute guy coming our way," she whispered to Wonwoo, "he's probably coming to ask me to dance!"

That was the hundredth cute guy that had been coming to ask Sena to dance. Wonwoo rolled his eyes and hoped this guy was at least decent enough for Wonwoo not to have to interfere.

When the cute guy came closer, Wonwoo's eyes widened to when he saw that this cute guy was actually Mingyu.

Mingyu went straight to Wonwoo, walking directly past an expectant Sena.

"Hey, you're Jin's friend right?" Mingyu asked Wonwoo.

"Yeah, that's me," Wonwoo managed despite how flustered he was that Mingyu was talking to him.

Sena pouted, sad that Mingyu was not there for her, "I'm going to dance," Sena announced, and left the two of them.

"Do you know if Jin is here?" Mingyu asked curiously.

Wonwoo huffed. Of course Mingyu was only talking to him to get to Jin. Wonwoo didn't understand why he even considered that he was there for him. "No, Jin isn't here," Wonwoo answered. "She hates going to parties."

"I probably should have known," Mingyu said, sitting down at the bar beside Wonwoo.

Wonwoo felt his heart beat fast Mingyu's shoulders were bumped into his as he adjusted onto the stool. Mingyu took out his phone and began texting someone.