Chapter 4: Becoming Cupid

Jin never thought this would happen to her, but suddenly she just started noticing boys. It started with that hopeless crush on Wonwoo, but then she started to notice others. Like Minghao in her calculus class. Or Seungkwan in her Religion in World Politics class. There was also this Vernon in her World Religions class (although that guy was kind of douche, but he was a cute douche).

For the first time in her life, she felt this overwhelming desire to date someone. She wanted to feel liked, she wanted to do the things that main girls do in kdramas. She wanted to hold someone's hand; she wanted someone to kiss her.

She never felt that in Jordan. She had always thought it would be nice to have someone, but she never craved it like she did now. Maybe it was because she's starting to see couples all around her, whereas in Jordan people simply did not date.

Jin was going to have lunch with Sena, Seokmin and Wonwoo. When they sat down at a table, Sena whispered something to Wonwoo, before taking his arm and pulling him up.

"You guys stay here," said Sena with a grin, "we'll be right back."

When Sena dragged Wonwoo (who was rolling his eyes), Seokmin mumbled something under his breath.

"What's that?" Jin asked, thinking she was supposed to have heard what Seokmin said.

"Nothing, nothing," he repeated, eating from his sandwich.

There was an awkward silence between them as they ate their lunch for a minute.

Then suddenly, someone stood on the table besides theirs. Jin recognized that it was Vernon, the cute douchebag in her World Religions class.

"Ladies and gentleman," Vernon said in a loud and obnoxious voice, "in protest to institutional education, I am going to dance on the table." He started dancing, shaking his hips sensually, and acting crazy in general. People the cafeteria, including Jin, started laughing, entertained at the spectacle before them.

Seokmin just rolled his eyes.

When Vernon got off the table, Seokmin said, "who does he think he is?"

Jin shrugged, "he's in one of my classes. He's kind of a show-off."

"Yeah, I can tell," Seokmin grimaced.

There was a moment of silence between them before Seokmin leaned in across the table to where Jin was and said in a whisper, "can I ask you something?"

"Of course," Jin said, leaning in closer to hear him.

"I really like Sena... as more than a friend," Seokmin finally admitted, "but I don't know if she likes me back. Could you, perhaps, ask her for me? Without her knowing that I asked you to ask her of course."

"I will if you want me to, but I think you should ask her yourself," Jin responded.

Seokmin shook his head, "please don't make me do it," he pled sincerely, "if I ask her myself, I might get rejected and it might be awkward between us afterwards, you know?"

Jin nodded in agreement, "okay, I'll do it."

Seokmin let out a sigh of relief and took her hand, "thank you so much Jin, I owe you one!"

As Seokmin was squeezing Jin's hand, Sena and Wonwoo appeared again.

"Oooo," Sena said, fixating her eyes on Seokmin's hand on Jin's and smirking, "did we interrupt anything?" she asked them.

Seokmin retracted his hand from Jin's quickly and laughed awkwardly. He was clearly embarrassed that Sena had seen him hold Jin's hand, and mistaking that for something affectionate.