Chapter 51: Uncomfortable

It was so uncomfortable. Hands everywhere, and Wonwoo didn't even know where to look. Someone was messing with his hair. Someone was powdering his face. Someone else was fixing his belt and someone else was messing with the buttons on his shirt. Personal space simply did not exist in the modeling industry.

Wonwoo glanced at Mingyu, who was just standing there without caring about any of the hands on him.

Mingyu eventually noticed Wonwoo's discomfort and laughed, "I told you it would be uncomfortable."

Wonwoo couldn't even respond to Mingyu because a coordi-noona was applying lip-liner. Wonwoo closed his eyes and tried to yield to everything all of the employees were doing to him.

Mingyu was the first who was ready and so was sent out to the set to take his solo shots. Wonwoo was also done with the layers of makeup and the outfit adjustment and eventually followed him to the set.

Blessed was he with the sight of model Mingyu. Wonwoo could not have imagined how attractive eyeliner would be on Mingyu until then. Mingyu was also such a natural at modeling. He instinctively carried out all of the poses, all of the intense eye stares, all of the sensual faces. The director and photographers did not have to direct him at all; he carried himself through the photoshoot effortlessly.

Just when Wonwoo didn't think Mingyu could be any more attractive, one of the coordi-noonas opened up the buttons of his shirt.

At one point, Mingyu caught Wonwoo staring.

"Like what you see?" Mingyu teased, making Wonwoo look away and blush.

Yes, Wonwoo liked what he saw, and he couldn't even deny it.

Wonwoo was up next for the solo shots after Mingyu was done. He was not nearly as confident and as natural as Mingyu, and so the director had to instruct on how to stand and what facial expressions to make. The director was kind of demanding about it, which didn't help. Wonwoo felt clumsy as he told him what to do, and as Wonwoo awkwardly forced all of the faces that Mingyu had so effortlessly made before him.

Mingyu also watched him, and so Wonwoo felt embarrassed as he struggled in front of all the cameras. Wonwoo thought that Mingyu probably felt he was stupid.

Wonwoo's session took three times as long as Mingyu's as the director tried to get good shots of him. Eventually, the director seemed frustrated with Wonwoo and told him that it was enough impatiently.

"You'll get the hang of it," Mingyu told Wonwoo when he was finally done with the first shoot, "I was like you my first time too. The director gets kind of mean, but don't take it to heart."

Afterwards, they had a shoot together with a few other models, male and female alike, which also took quite a while. At one point the director seemed fed up with Wonwoo and told him to get dressed for the second round as Mingyu kept the shoot going.

The coordi-noonas walked up to Wonwooo and began undressing him. He stopped them and requested to put on the next outfit by himself in the changing rooms. One of them rolled her eyes at him, and another seemed annoyed. It must not be common for models to dress themselves, Wonwoo thought as he grabbed the outfit from one of the noonas and entered the changing room. He put the outfit on the stool and took a moment to recharge by himself. Modeling was quite draining for Wonwoo because it involved being the in the spotlight and everyone looking at him, and Wonwoo just was not very comfortable with that. He sat on the stool and used the time to see if anything went down between Jin and Sena.

Did you talk with Jin? Wonwoo texted Sena.

S: No. Jin isn't here.

W: Where is she?