Chapter 56: Another List

Mingyu seemed quite fond of skinship. It was not that Wonwoo minded exactly, but sometimes it was hard to act natural when Mingyu got too close, when he would grab Wonwoo's arms, or take his wrist, or lean against his shoulder. The more Wonwoo spent time with him, the more Mingyu did it.

Wonwoo had been going back and forth from his own room to Mingyu's to transfer his stuff before he had to move out in a week. He went so often, that the receptionist in Mingyu's dorm had even started treating him like a resident of the building.

This time, as Wonwoo was hanging some his clothes in the half-emptied closest, Mingyu rested his chin on Wonwoo's shoulders. Wonwoo already learned to expect the skinship from Mingyu, and so he was used to pretending the intimacy didn't faze him at all.

Wonwoo could tell that Mingyu found skinship natural. It was just something that he did with people to whom he was close. Wonwoo had been introduced to some of Mingyu's petroleum engineering friends, and Mingyu did it to them as well. It was quite startling for Wonwoo at first, but he got used to it. He was actually happy with the skinship, because it meant that Mingyu was getting more comfortable with him.

"How's Sena?" Mingyu asked as Wonwoo was hanging up a shirt.

"She's fine, I think. Better than before."

"I see," Mingyu said, "I'm happy to hear that."

"Are you still pursuing her?"

"No," Mingyu answered, "I don't think she's interested at all."

"Sorry about that."

"It's okay. Maybe I'll try again later, when she's feeling better."

"I'll make a good case for you to her," Wonwoo told Mingyu and winked.

When Wonwoo was done hanging his clothes, he sat on the end of the sofa and started closing his suitcase to take it back to his room when Mingyu suddenly also took a seat right next to him, leaning against his shoulder. There he was with the skinship again.

"Do you think you'll like it here?" Mingyu asked

"A nice room and a nice roommate. How can I not?" Wonwoo replied.

Mingyu smiled, and then adjusted himself slightly in order to be able to lie down on the sofa, placing his head on Wonwoo's lap. Wonwoo suppressed all signs of discomfort and tried to act as natural as Mingyu was.

"You know," Mingyu said as he nestled into the sofa and Wonwoo's lap, "this sofa is majorly uncomfortable. You won't be able to sleep on it."

"I think I can live with it," Wonwoo said.

"No. Let's go mattress shopping?"

Before Wonwoo knew it, he and Mingyu were leaving to go mattress shopping together. They had already taken the measurements they needed, researched which areas to go to and which bus routes to take, and were on their way to the bus stop.

Mingyu eventually slid his hand between Wonwoo's arm and upper body, locking their arms. It wasn't that much of a surprise to Wonwoo, but it did make him anxious that it was happening in public.

People that Wonwoo knew were passing and glancing at the two of them. It was common for two guys to walk like this around campus, and it had none of the implications of which Wonwoo was afraid. But with Wonwoo, people might think differently.

"Look," Wonwoo said, unlocking their arms and increasing the distance between them, "I don't mind this at all, really. But that rumor about me has not died out, and I don't want to drag you into all of it."