Chapter 54: Blush

When it was time, Jin descended from her room and walked outside of the building. She was anxious about going outside with this unfamiliar attire and seeing Vernon. Would he tease her about it? Would he even notice that she was dressing differently? Will he act all perverted? Was it stupid that she was even dressing up? Many times, she had the urge to just run back into her room and change into regular clothes, but she sucked it up and kept going.

She stepped outside the building, and she spotted him waiting for her. But he wasn't alone; Seungcheol was standing beside him and they were laughing about something.

Jin felt uncomfortable. She wondered why Seungcheol was there, and she wished he weren't. She already felt embarrassed enough with her attire and makeup as it was, and she didn't want so many people to see her like that. Especially someone as unfamiliar as Seungcheol.

They didn't notice her when she first came out, but she took a deep breath and approached them. When Vernon caught her eye, she saw a hint of the characteristic smirk on his face as his eyes scanned her. Jin blushed and looked away. She wished she hadn't dressed up.

"Hey Frostbite," Vernon greeted her, "you look cute today. Actually, you always look cute."

She bowed towards him formally, again, trying to avoid his eyes.

"You should wear dresses more often," Seungcheol commented, "they're more flattering."

Jin looked at him to acknowledge his comment. She noticed that he was eying her curiously, his eyes were scanning her body and there was a smile on his face.

"Thank you," she responded to his compliment.

"Go away, hyung," Vernon shooed Seungcheol with his hands.

Seungcheol raised his eyebrows in Vernon's direction, "our Vernon's in love, is he?"

Vernon rolled his eyes and pushed Seungcheol playfully, "go away."

Seungcheol chuckled and then said: "you should rap to her."

Vernon ignored Seungcheol and then looked to Jin and explained, "don't worry, Seungcheol just came to drop me off. He's leavingnow." He emphasized the last word and glared at Seungcheol as he said it.

Seungcheol obnoxiously put his hands over Vernon's shoulders and said: "nah, I wanna hang out with you and your girl."

Vernon rolled his eyes again, and Seungcheol just kept laughing and laughing. Jin also smiled. It was funny to see Vernon in a situation where he wasn't the dominant one like usual. She was so used to him being so macho and cool, it was funny to see him being teased like this by Seungcheol.

"If you don't leave right now, I swear to God, I'll kiss your cheek," Vernon threatened.

Seungcheol raised his eyebrows at Vernon before Vernon lunged forward towards Seungcheol's cheek. Seungcheol immediately backed off, laughing harder and harder. "Okay, okay, I'm leaving," Seungcheol said, raising his arms in defeat. "Have fun on your date," he said, waving to both Jin and Vernon.

Vernon rolled his eyes and then turned to face Jin, "ignore him," he said.

Jin suddenly she felt a knot in her stomach. This was actually happening; her first date was taking place right now, and she was so nervous.

"Relax," he told her, "dating is easy; you'll see."

It was startling to her that he noticed her nervousness; she thought that she had hid it well. Again, he was reading her so well, and Jin didn't like that. She felt like she simply could not pretend in front of him. She felt exposed, naked almost, and vulnerable.