Chapter 47: So Fickle

Jin spent a lot of time wondering whether she should go meet Wonwoo at his dorm, as had been her habit before the confusing things that had happened between them. She still was not over the fact he stole her first kiss, and she still felt like she should be angry about it. But she didn't want to be angry. She really just wanted to put it behind her and do what Vernon's mother had asked her to do: make up with all of them.

When she knocked at his door, he looked surprised but happy to see her.

"I didn't expect you to come, to be honest," he said after she entered and sat on his old roommate's bed– where he had kissed her and confused her the first time. She remembered the kiss clearly like it had just happened, and it made her blush and unable to look at him.

"I figured we should go back to the way it was. The sooner the better," she told him, looking at the floor.

He seemed happy to hear that. "Do you forgive me?"

Jin nodded, "let's forget about it."

He took her hand and squeezed in gratitude; he looked so relieved.

"So, you're moving out of this room then?" Jin said, trying to change the subject.

"Yes," Wonwoo replied, his smile widening. "Who would have thought that I would become roommates with my crush?"

He told her about the meeting, about the tea and how he burned his tongue, about the After School posters, the Buddhist statue, and about how Mingyu reacted to Wonwoo's confession. She was glad that he was so happy now, especially after all of the unhappiness he had gone through since the rumor was spread. She was also happy that she and him were back on comfortable talking terms. There was still something awkward between them, but Jin figured it would go away with time.

He asked about what she did yesterday, and she told him about her encounter with Seokmin. "Did you know that Sena broke up with him?" she asked.

"What?" Wonwoo asked, his eyes narrowing. "Why?"

"I didn't talk to her about it yet, but I will. I think she did it for me. As if anything could ever happen between me and Seokmin now..."

"I'll talk to her if you want me to."

"No need," Jin said, "I just need to prove to Sena that I'm over him."

"How?"

"Vernon asked to go out with me. I said yes," Jin answered matter-of-factly.

Wonwoo raised his eyebrows and looked towards Jin in surprise, "Vernon?"

Jin nodded.

His look of surprise turned into one of annoyance. His eyebrows furrowed into a frown, as he looked at her straight on and said: "Jin, don't be stupid."

"What?"

"Did you honestly agree to date him just for Sena and Seokmin?"

"Not really..."

"Do you like him?"

"I don't hate him."

"That's no reason to date him!" he said. "Jin, he's a douchebag, a player, heartbreaker and who knows what else. He's going to throw you away after he's had his fun with you."

"Well, that's what I'm going to do to him too..."

"Does this have anything to do with me, by any chance?" Wonwoo asked her suddenly.

"Why would it have anything to do with you?"

"Because you thought I would ask you to be my girlfriend again. Did you want me to be in Vernon's place? Is that why you agreed to date him after I sent that text."