Chapter 15: Invaded

Mid-terms were here, and Jin, being the studious person that she was, would not catch a break. She spent all of her free time on her studies, not even taking a break to eat. She brought books with her to lunch and dinner. She isolated herself from her friends, much to their annoyance. Seokmin, Wonwoo and Sena begged her to put her books down for one hour, but she said she needed to study or she would fall behind.

She spent Friday night studying, only sleeping at 3 AM. She woke up the following day planning to sit down and study. Sena had gone out that weekend to spend the weekend in Gangnam with a bunch of her other friends, the really pretty and popular ones. Jin thought it was a perfect opportunity to sit and work with zero distraction.

She checked her phone for the time, and instead noticed two unread messages. The first was from Mingyu, the then there was another from Seokmin.

Mingyu: Hey Demon! Wanna go to dinner tonight? There's this Arab cuisine place that I've always wanted to try and since you lived in Jordan you can probably tell me what's what. What do you say?

Seokmin: JINNNNNIIIEEE JIN I COMMAND YOU TO HANG OUT WITH ME TODAY. THAT IS AN ORDER. NO EXCUSES. IF YOU TELL ME YOU HAVE "STUDYING" TO DO OR WHATEVER I WILL MARCH OVER TO YOUR ROOM AND BURN ALL YOUR BOOKS. WE HAVENT HUNG OUT IN LIKE WEEKS.

It was true. They had stopped hanging out for a while now, mostly because it was mid-semester, and all the work had been piling up for the both of them. They had also stopped texting like they usually did. Something of a rift had been forming between them. It was sad for Jin because she liked him, but she hadn't really let herself stress over it now with mid-terms in the air.

She had planned to study that day, but she decided that she would take a break for just this day. She just really wanted to hang out with Seokmin, to restore their old relationship, to just talk to him and be alone with him for a while.

As for Mingyu... if she had to choose between Mingyu and Seokmin, she would definitely go with Seokmin. Plus she didn't want to do anything with Mingyu without telling Wonwoo first.

To Mingyu, she responded, hey mingyu! Today I have plans with someone else, sorry! maybe some other time? After she sent it, she decided she should probably send another message, just to make things clear in the off chance that they weren't, and to create an opportunity for Mingyu and Wonwoo to meet: I actually have a friend who had always wanted to try Arab cuisine, maybe he could tag along if we do this some time soon?

Mingyu responded in a minute with: okay, no worries :)

She then went on to text Seokmin: I'll come...

Seokmin responded almost immediately with: GASP. Is the nerdy Jin REALLY going to be separated from her books for an entire day???

J: Who said it's an entire day????? I thought it was just lunch.

S: NOOO. You get your tush in here right now and you aren't leaving until like midnight.

J: why would you want the entire day to hang out with me?

S: cuz I want to. I also need to get you off the books for a sufficient amount of time so you could just breathe

J: I'll stay for a day but I'll bring books

S: And I'll burn them

J: -.-

S: seriously, no books allowed.

J: What the hell will we do for like 12 hours?

S: idk. Come, I'm waiting.

J: fine...