Chapter 66: A Trip

Mingyu had gone with Sena and Jin that morning to the police station to hand in the evidence and open the case. They went three hours before the bus ride, and so it was 5:00 AM and they were all dead tired.

The police had to record Sena's voice and take down notes as she explained what happened. Jin noted how she found it extremely difficult to explain to the male policeman and in front of Mingyu, exactly what happened and how it happened. She was stuttering and trembling and the words so heavily fell from her lips.

The police were sympathetic to that. They were patient and understanding, and gave her time to collect herself before moving on to ask her more questions.

Jin also had to explain the context of the recording and what had happened throughout, Mingyu confirming it all for them.

The police said that they would find Seungcheol that morning and take him in for questioning. Jin then told them about their plans to go out of town for four days, to which the police were nonchalant.

"If a trial needs to be held or if we need to question the victim more, we will release the suspect on probation until she returns," the police said, making Sena even shakier.

Filling the paperwork and explaining the situation took about two hours, but when they left the police station after filing the report, Jin felt a wave of relief wash over her. It was over, and hopefully, Seungcheol would just confess to the crime so no extended trial needed to be held.

"Congratulations," Mingyu told Sena, "you did it."

Sena could not look him in the eye. She looked ashamed of what he knew about her, and he seemed to understand everything that she was thinking.

"You're a very strong person, Sena," Mingyu said to her, "hold your head up and be proud of yourself for pulling through this."

Sena smiled at him.

The three of them made their way to the bus station from where they would leave. Mingyu came along to say goodbye to Wonwoo, who arrived a bit later and was surprised to see him there with Sena and Jin.

"What are you doing here?" Wonwoo asked him.

"I was just helping Jin and Sena with a few things," Mingyu revealed, and before Wonwoo could inquire further, Mingyu put his arm around Wonwoo's shoulder and said: "I'm going to miss you, roomie."

Wonwoo blushed, making Sena laugh, which made Jin smile. It was nice to hear her friend laugh; it felt like it had been a while.

"I'll leave now," Mingyu said, "I hope you have fun on the trip, and I hope things get better for all of you." He looked specifically at Sena, who bowed to him in a sign of gratitude.

Jin noted that Wonwoo was witnessing this interaction between Sena and Mingyu. He stiffened slightly, but that did not last long, as Mingyu put his arms around Wonwoo and hugged him, affectionately wishing him a happy early birthday.

When Mingyu left, Sena said to Wonwoo: "you two are so cute together."

Wonwoo shook his head and replied: "I actually think you two are cute together."

-

Seokmin arrived a few minutes later, and by then, the bus had started to load. Seokmin only greeted them, quite awkwardly for someone like him.

Jin tried to imagine how he felt. He was going on an extended trip with two girls who have both led him on and later shut him out. He must have felt left out and ignored by the two of them. She felt bad for him, and also guilty for ignoring him the past few days.