Chapter 40: Confusing Comfort

You okay? Wonwoo's text read. She was still in that bus, going in rounds, not wanting to leave it at all.

I'm fine, Jin replied.

W: I have an extra bed in my room, in case you don't want to go back to your own. My building doesn't allow for girls to sleep over, but I'm sure we can get you in unnoticed somehow.

J: Thank you so much. And yes, I want to take you up on that offer.

W: ok :) just text me when you're outside the building. I can bring a large hoodie and you can pretend you're a guy and we'll get you in.

J: thank you.

W: fighting!

It was a relief to know that she had somewhere to stay now. She didn't want to see Sena or talk to her or face her after declaring the end of their friendship like that. It would just be so awkward and painful in every way.

When she felt a little better, she finally got off the bus and waited for the one that would take her back to campus.

She arrived outside at Wonwoo's building and found him waiting outside for her with the hoodie in his hand. He gave it to her to put on, and she slipped into it, pulling the hat over her head so that the security guard does not spot her.

It was surprisingly easy to get in. The security at the front desk did not even look up as Jin trailed across the lobby and then up into Wonwoo's room. Wonwoo kept looking around to see if anyone had spotted them though, and when he got to his door, he quickly motioned Jin inside.

As Jin entered, she felt this uncomfortable knot in her stomach. This was the second night in a row in which she did not sleep in her own room, and she just felt like everything was chaotic for her. She just felt displaced and uncomfortable about everything that was happening.

"Make yourself comfortable," Wonwoo told her, "there's ramen in the cabinet, if you're hungry. I also changed my old roommate's sheets for you, so it's all clean. You can stay for as long as you need."

"Thank you," she said to him.

"I'm going to tell Seokmin and Sena that you're here though, so they don't worry. Is that okay?"

Jin nodded.

"For the record: sometimes I snore," Wonwoo admitted lightheartedly, "just a warning."

She smiled, and they fell silent.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Wonwoo asked after the awkward silence. He looked towards her expectantly with a concerned look on his face.

"Can we not?" Jin asked. She really didn't want to talk about it now. She knew if she talked about it, she would just feel terrible and start crying. She did not want to cry tonight, not when she had expended all her tears the previous night.

"Okay," Wonwoo said, "but I'm always here for you if you need."

"I know," she smiled at him.

She woke up the following morning, right before she knew Sena had her early morning class. She decided to go back to her own dorm and pack a few things now that Sena was out. She wasn't planning on moving back anytime soon.

When she arrived at her room, she saw many cans of beer everywhere on the floor. There were also tissues spread out, wet with what were probably Sena's tears. She could tell from the eyeliner stains that were on them.

Jin remembered that Sena had drinking problems now. This conflict that they were now having was probably not making it easy for her, and Jin felt guilty. It must have been hard for her last night, Jin thought as she inspected the empty beer cans and the tear-stained tissues.