Chapter 48: Frostbite

Seriously? Vernon??? >.<

Jin gritted her teeth in annoyance upon receiving that text from Seokmin. She hadn't wanted to tell him just yet, and she felt kind of angry that he found out from someone other than her.

J: Did Wonwoo tell you? -.-

S: Yes. And what the hell? VERNON? Of all people???

Jin felt betrayed by Wonwoo. He wasn't supposed to just tell people these things. She hadn't told him to keep it a secret, but he should have at least known that she would have preferred to tell him herself in her own way.

J: Vernon really isn't that bad.

S: We need to talk about this. I'll be outside your dorm building in five minutes. Meet me?

J: If you're going to try and talk me out of it, it won't work. I made up my mind.

S: I'll be outside in five minutes.

J: Fine.

Seokmin did not even greet Jin five minutes later when he was making his way up to the front of her building. Instead, he immediately went on to say: "I'm not letting you date him."

Jin narrowed her eyes at him, surprised at how adamant and forceful he seemed: "you can't make my decisions for me, Seokmin."

"Jin, he's an ass. He's a flirt. He asks literally every girl to kiss him. He's already gone out with like four girls this semester and has dumped every one of them. Why would you go out with someone like that?"

Jin had not known the part about going out with four girls. Jin thought that maybe Seokmin was just exaggerating about that part, but she was curious: "How did you know that?"

"That he went out with four girls? I live right beside him. I know."

Jin decided to just shake the thought off, although it did make her uncomfortable to think she would be the fifth person Vernon would play with. She wanted to remain resolute in her decision and not give Seokmin the satisfaction of swaying her.

"I want to give him a chance," Jin said. "It's my decision in the end, not yours."

"Jin, if you're only doing this because of me and Sena, then you're out of your mind."

"I'm not," Jin insisted; it was a lie though, and she knew it, and Seokmin saw it as well.

"You expect me to believe you actually like that guy?"

"I do," Jin said, which was also kind of a lie, "you know that I think he's attractive..."

"Yeah, but I also remember you telling me that you hated him. Remember that?"

"That was before I knew him..."

"Knew him? Jin, you don't know anything about him."

"Seokmin, just stop..."

"No. I'm going to talk you out of this if it's the last thing I do. Why? Because I care about you and I don't want to see some douche with nice hair take advantage of you."

Jin was starting to get impatient and angry. He was treating her like a child, as if she didn't actually think about her decision, and it was frustrating and infuriating. Why couldn't he just respect her decision and move on without trying to interfere? Why did he have to pretend to be her knight in shining armor when technically he was part of the reason she was feeling so down anyways. The past few days, Vernon helped her more than any of her friends, and here Seokmin was trying to save her from him or whatever.