Spin-Off #1: Literal

"I want to try." Those had been Mingyu's exact words after the first kiss they shared that fateful night where everything changed for Wonwoo. Wonwoo remembered the words with such vivid detail: how Mingyu said them, the uncertain look in his eyes, the way he breath hitched when he said "try," as if he were hesitating to say it.

Wonwoo thought about that phrase a lot, actually: "I want to try." It made him anxious when he recalled it– the uncertainty with which Mingyu said it, along with the fact Mingyu only wanted to try; Mingyu was uncertain about only trying. There was just so much hesitation there, and Wonwoo was always uneasy that this "trial" would not go the way that Wonwoo dearly wished that it would.

Mingyu had said that the relationship was a trial, but he never mentioned it after the first time. He never reminded Wonwoo of it directly, but Wonwoo felt the "trialness" of their relationship a lot.

For one, there was the fact that after that night, Mingyu did not kiss Wonwoo again for a few weeks. Wonwoo would never initiate something like that himself, but he always wished that Mingyu would. But he didn't.

For a few weeks, it didn't even feel like they were in a relationship at all. They were just friends who called each other "boyfriends," but didn't really do anything that boyfriends did. And Wonwoo could not help but feel like Mingyu was no longer comfortable with dating, but was too nice to come out and say it to him.

It made him sad, and he expressed this sadness to Jin.

Jin told him that she didn't believe that was the case: "I see the way he looks at you," Jin told him, "I truly believe that he likes you, Wonwoo."

"But he did say that it was a 'trial,' and since then, he's barely touched me. It just doesn't feel like he actually wants this at all."

"Give him time," Jin advised.

And Wonwoo took that advice.

A few days later, Wonwoo was lying on the bed, texting on his phone when Mingyu suddenly sat on the bedside and took the phone from Wonwoo's hands and put it to the side. Before Wonwoo could ask what was up, Mingyu hovered over him and crashed their lips together.

That kiss lasted much longer than the first one. Actually, it was probably the longest kiss of Wonwoo's life, and one that Mingyu refused to let go of despite Wonwoo's reticence. One that ended with a lot of tongues and touching. One that made them both breathless, laying side by side on the bed. Both of them were smiling (actually, Mingyu was smiling, and Wonwoo smiled when he saw Mingyu smile).

"I don't have any reservations about dating you," Mingyu told Wonwoo a few seconds after the kiss, "and if it seems like I do, it's because I just don't know what to do when I'm around you. I like you a lot; I just don't know how to express it sometimes. I'm new to this whole kissing boys thing."

With that, Mingyu responded to all of Wonwoo's exact worries and reassured him.

"Just pretend I'm a girl, then," Wonwoo responded, "you've dated before. You know how it works."

"I really can't just pretend that you're a girl," Mingyu chuckled, "I just can't; I'm sorry. And dating you is so different from dating a girl. It's like... I don't know how to explain it. I just don't know what to do."

"Well, when in doubt, just kiss me. You'll never go wrong with that," Wonwoo replied boldly, turning on his side to face him. Mingyu narrowed his eyes, a smile of amusement plastered across his face. He shook his head slightly and turned to face Wonwoo.

"Okay then," Mingyu replied, shifting closer to Wonwoo before swiftly kissing his lips again.

"Are you in doubt?" Wonwoo asked, trying not to blush.