Chapter 78: Goodbye Diary

Have you heard from Wonwoo or Mingyu at all in the past eight hours??? Seokmin texted Jin frantically the following morning. He was supposed to spend the night here but he didn't show? Left his phone in his bag, which is with me, and Mingyu isn't answering. I'm concerned.

Jin tried calling Mingyu to see if he would pick up. When he didn't, Jin started to worry that something went wrong with them. She knew that Wonwoo was going through a hard time, which made her even more uneasy.

Unable to stop worrying, she made her way to Mingyu's dorm to find them. She ran into Mingyu on his way out, who looked as if he were in a hurry.

"Oh, hi Demon! Running late, can't talk. And sorry for not answering my phone. Wonwoo's fine, by the way. He's still asleep, but just wake him up, and he'll explain," Mingyu said with a quick eyebrow raise before dashing out. Jin noted that something was a little different about Mingyu. He pursed his lips and avoided direct eye contact with her, appearing so much more withdrawn than usual.

Jin entered Mingyu's room, relieved to know Wonwoo was okay. She saw Wonwoo sleeping on one side of the bed, and Mingyu had clearly slept on the other side. It was kind of surprising to Jin, considering that the two were growing apart and also considering that Wonwoo had a perfectly functional mattress waiting for him in Seokmin's dorm. Maybe the two had talked things out and made up, she thought happily.

Jin and Wonwoo had class in less than half an hour, and so she lightly shook Wonwoo awake. When he woke up, he was surprised to see Jin there. He shot upright and looked around frenziedly, and then looked at the space beside him where Mingyu had been.

"Jin, what are you doing here," he asked. He looked confused. "And Mingyu was here, right?"

"Mingyu was running late; I just saw him leave," Jin answered him. "And what are you doing here?" Jin asked, "weren't you supposed to move in with Seokmin and Jun yesterday?"

"I... I don't know what's happening Jin," Wonwoo replied to her, shaking his head and lying back down, "I have no idea where I stand with Mingyu anymore."

"What happened?"

"I feel like it was a dream, but I don't think it was..." Wonwoo hesitated to say it, but eventually he told her that Mingyu had kissed him the previous night.

Jin's eyes widened. She was happy, but was also very surprised. She knew something happened, but she would have never expected something like that; Mingyu went from kicking Wonwoo out so that he could prove his straightness to suddenly kissing him? It was bizarre and confusing, and Jin could tell that Wonwoo was astonished himself because of what happened/

"Did he explain himself?" Jin asked.

Wonwoo shrugged, "he did, kind of. I was too bewildered to process everything he said to me, but I know the gist. Something about being unsure why he did it, but liking it? Also that he wanted to 'try' a relationship with me. Oh gosh, I feel like I'm dreaming."

Jin did not know what to say. She felt like it was not her place to say anything, because she didn't understand what was going on. But even though Wonwoo looked puzzled, he seemed so happy at the same time. There was light in his eye that Jin didn't not think she had ever seen, and his lips seemed to be on the verge of smiling.

This was something he had been longing for since the beginning. Since she first met him, she could tell that he craved a relationship with someone. And now, Mingyu, the person he loved, had kissed him, and said he wanted to try. She could only imagine how he felt to finally have those desires fulfilled by the most ideal person.