Chapter 30: Water Blob

Start from the beginning

"Ahahaha! Serves you right!"

Vivi put both hands on her waist and laughed in mockery. It was a clean and flawless victory for her.

"W... why!?"

"H-huh!? Like, what's your problem?"

"Why did you shoot down that little blob!? It was just a baby!"

"Hmph! Like, why do I deserve to be yelled at? Just because you're a slowpoke idiot, the generous Vivi helped you exterminate that pest!"

Vivi cross her arms and lifted her chin in arrogance. She was convinced she did Erika a service out of goodwill.

"I... I wasn't planning to attack it. It didn't do anything wrong!"

"Like, are you for real? It attacked you like three times!"

"We were just... playing around..."

Erika clenched her fists in a mixture of anger and despair. Vivi sincerely believed that the Water Blob was the very incarnation of evil, it was impossible to convince her otherwise.

This is so wrong... but i can't think of anything good to say...

Erika's scattered thoughts were interrupted by a familiar sound of ripples. A new baby blob emerged from a puddle and crawled toward the ground.

"This is like free money! Take that!"

"W-wait!"

Erika was too late. Everything was too late. The newborn blob was blasted across the puddle and sunk into nothingness.

"S-STOP!! Don't hurt them!!"

Erika yelled her lungs out. This massacre of helpless babies was unforgivable!

"Hey! The fuck ya doin', Titan!?"

"E-eh?!"

Erika froze in her tracks. When did she start dashing? When did she draw out her knife? Most importantly: why was her knife pointed straight at Vivi!?

C-calm down, Combat Aid! I don't want to harm her!

Erika fought off the automated system and lowered her knife. If not for Mina's well-timed warning, Erika would have committed an unforgivable crime.

"Like, you wanna go?! Hmph!"

"W-wah!"

Erika was pushed away by a gust and landed on her bottom.

"S-sorry, Vivi... I didn't..."

Erika stared at her hand in disbelief. It felt like the implanted limb of an alien, which had nothing to do with Erika's own will.

There was just a little bit of anger, Erika was just a little riled up. However, based on such shallow feelings, the Combat Aid decided to possess Erika's arm and to assassinate Vivi.

The thought of harming Vivi never crossed my mind! Not even once! I need to fix it. NOW.

Erika couldn't rely on a system which tried to murder friends over small disputes. She brought up the Combat Aid's menu and lowered its level by a huge chunk.

This is already the second time today... what is happening to me?

First she slapped Mina, now she assaulted Vivi. Where did the peaceful Erika disappear to? When did she turn into a raging delinquent?

Is this some form of Vireco as well? Was I corrupted by this aggressive Combat Aid?

It sounded like a cheap excuse to justify her violent behaviour, but Erika had no better explanation to offer. There was no Combat Aid in the real world, but Erika's hand nonetheless slapped Mina on its own. It felt the same as when the Combat Aid gave a "push" to Erika's arms during combat.