Chapter 19: Windflora

Erika stared at the vicious Windflora and considered her options. Normally, an MMORPG would provide a newbie with some sort of weapon. It could be a wooden sword, a small knife - something, anything.

Alas, Erika only had her tiny palms to rely on. Barehanded combat was a mechanic which most MMORPGs supported, yet no player really used. Proficiency with weapons was always superior to barehanded combat.

Oh, but I have my adorable Vivi.

The game didn't grant Erika a weapon, but it definitely gave her a reliable companion. Erika already had first-hand experience with Vivi's powerful bursts of wind.

"Vivi, attack! Avenge your mommy!"

Erika pointed at the Windflora and gave out the order.

"Like, why should I? Sounds like a hassle, so no thanks."

Vivi shrugged in disinterest. She didn't even think twice about it.

"My, you're so cruel... but so cute still~"

At first, Erika considered bribing her pixie with more chocolate. However, when Erika pulled out the Dragon Chocolate from the Dimension Vessel, she realized that a third of the chocolate was already gone.

Erika didn't know how far was Zelin City from the Water Temple. She couldn't carelessly spend her chocolate hostage, especially not for a Lv.1 fodder mob. In the end, her only option remained hand-to-hand combat.

Erika clenched her fists to show some fighting spirit, but she had no idea how to use them. She never physically attacked anybody before, as her sharp tongue was her strongest weapon.

"Do you have any tips, Mini?"

"Huuuh? What tips?"

"About fighting mobs."

"You just go BAM and WOOSH and the fucker is dead before you even notice!"

"Is that so..."

It's useless. I forgot she has no brain.

Erika exhausted all her ideas. There was only one thing to do: fight the dang raid boss.

"O-okay, here I go...!"

Erika crossed her arms and dashed at the Windflora. The enemy had ranged attacks, therefore her first priority was to get closer. To do so, she had to endure the the enemy's bombarding.

"Ugh...!"

A gust of wind slammed against Erika's arms. It pushed her back and made her lose momentum. Luckily, she retained her balance and managed to resume her charge.

Now, let's try punching...!

Erika entered striking range. She abandoned her defense and swung her arm. Her attack was carefully aimed at the flower's head-

"Agh!"

A blast of wind punched her in the face, before she delivered her calculated blow. Green petals grazed her eyes and blinded her.

"Ah! Can't see... w-whoa!"

Erika tripped and dived into the ground face-first.

C-curses... I need to get up!

She blindly pushed her palms against the ground and tried to raise her body.

"GAH!"

A blast of wind trampled on her back and pushed her into the ground. Her aching eyes recovered and she could now assess the situation.

This doesn't look good...

Erika was on the ground, right below the Windflora. The flower towered over her, mocking the trampled noob.

"Tch..."

The insulted RPG Master channeled strength into her arms. She couldn't allow herself to be defeated by the likes of this flower. Erika pushed herself away from the ground, but she struggled to find her balance.

The Windflora's attacks were blunt and not immediately fatal. However, the struck areas retained a sense of pain for a while. After she was bombarded by so many air nukes, most of Erika's body cried in pain.

W-what is it doing?

Instead of aiming another wind snipe at Erika, the Windflora stretched its stem backwards. It reminded a catapult that prepared to fire.

No... way...

The stem suddenly jumped forward. The Windflora's head came down crashing like a club.

"GAH!"

Erika's head was shoved into the ground.

"AGH!!" How is this even fair!?

Erika was whammed again. And again. And again. The Windflora continuously bashed the defenseless Erika with its head.

Curse you... fodder raid boss...

Erika was wrecked all over. It didn't take long for her small body to completely break down.

【Congratulations! You died.】

-------------------------------------------------------------

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Don't forget to vote if you liked the chapter!