Libra (f) x Cancer (m)

Libra was running through the forest as the tears streamed down her face. She kept running and hit her head off a tree branch.

"Libra?" called out a creepy voice.

Libra ran faster trying to get away from that voice. She didn't know who that voice belonged to but she knew she had to get away from it. That voice was bad. Libra ran even faster as she heard someone catching up to her. All of the sudden Libra's feet got stuck in mud and she couldn't move. She got down in the mud and hoped that the thing chasing her wouldn't see her. She watched as the shadow of a person walked around her. She was almost shaking from fear. Then the shadow of a person approached her and started shaking her.

"Li... li...a... libra... LIBRA!" Libra woke up.

Cancer was beside her shaking her shoulders. Then she realized that she was asleep on Cancer's couch in his house."Cancer?" Oh. It was just a dream. It was just a dream! That was so scary. It's okay, I'm safe now. Cancer will take care of me.

"You fell asleep. I was going to leave you alone, but you were screaming."

Libra hugged Cancer. Cancer played with Libra's hair. "Sorry. It was just a really bad dream."

"It's alright. You stay here and I'll go get you some ice cream."

"Ice cream helps?"

"No, but it'll cheer you up." Cancer wrapped Libra up in a fluffy blanket and got a pillow for her. Then he went to get some ice cream. Libra decided to lie down.

***

When Cancer returned with a bowl of ice cream, Libra sat up. "You don't have any for yourself?"

"No. I'm not hungry right now." Cancer sat beside Libra.

"I don't want to move. I'm so warm and this blanket is so fluffy."

"Then open up."

Libra opened her mouth and Cancer fed her the ice cream.

Libra smiled. "Thanks babe. You're the best."

"You're welcome. Want to watch tv?"

"I'd love to."

Cancer turned on the tv. Libra and Cancer snuggled up close to each other. "What was your dream about?"

"It... it was... there was this..."

"Never mind. Forget about it. You're safe here. Whatever was in that dream isn't real!"

"Yeah I know, but it was still terrifying."

"It's okay. You know I wouldn't let anyone hurt you right?"

"I know. I love you."

"I love you too, Libra."

***

Ten years later, Libra and Cancer were sleeping when the door to their room opened. Cancer and Libra woke up and looked at the door to see their five year old daughter holding her teddy bear and tears coming down her face.

"Oh honey! What's wrong?" asked Libra.

"I-I had a nightmare."

"She's just like you," sighed Cancer. Then he lifted his daughter up and she decided to lie down between her parents."Don't worry. You're safe now."

"Mommy used to have bad dreams too. But you have to know that they're not real." Libra stroked her daughter's hair.

The little girl nodded. Then all three of them fell back asleep.