Gemini (f) x Scorpio (m)

Gemini looked out the window of her house as she watched the rain pour down.

"I don't know why you like thunder storms so much," shrugged her boyfriend Scorpio.

"I just do. There something about them that's just... I don't know. Cool? Different? I just like watching them."

Then they heard thunder. Scorpio jumped but Gemini kept watching out the window.

Gemini smirked. "Scared of a little thunder and lightning?"

"N-Nope."

"Yeah right."

"Fine. Maybe just a bit."

"Come here and sit next to me. I'll keep you safe."

Scorpio got up and sat next to Gemini.

She got a blanket and wrapped it around his shoulders. "Better?"

"Yes."

"Here. Just watch some tv while I go make some snacks for us."

Then the power went out. Scorpio and Gemini used their phones as flashlights.

"Where are you going?" asked Scorpio.

"Just to make some food."

"D-Don't leave me here alone in the dark."

"Relax, I'll be right back."

Scorpio curled up in a ball and waited for Gemini to come back. Then the entire room went white as lightning struck just outside the window. "Gemini?"

Gemini returned with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a glass of water for both of them. "Here."

"Thanks."

Lightning struck again and Scorpio threw his arms around Gemini. She laughed.

"It's not funny."

"Sorry, but it kind of is," laughed Gemini.

"So what can we do now that the power is down?"

"Well, we could tell stories."

"Okay. I'll start. Once upon a time there was a beautiful girl. She was stunning and she took everyone's breath away-"

"Scorpio I'm not-

"Shhhhh!"  Scorpio pressed a finger to Gemini's lips. "As I was saying, the beautiful girl had a name. Her name was Gemini. She was smart, pretty and she stood out from all the other girls. So one day this guy walked along and he was kind of cool but whatever. Then he saw that beautiful girl named Gemini and she got stuck in his head. Later in class, they end up partners for almost everything, so the boy starts to fall in love with her, but Gemini could never love him back-"

"That's what he thought! But it wasn't true."

"So one day the boy gets enough courage and finally asks the girl out. And much to his surprise she says yes! And ever since that day the boy has been the happiest boy alive whenever he's around Gemini."

"Aww. You liked me all that time and only recently told me how you felt?"

"Umm... yeah."

"Aww." They continued telling stories.

***

Gemini was in the middle of a story when the light came back on. Scorpio released a sigh of relief.

Gemini smiled. "The lights are back on again!"

"Yeah. I think that the thunder storm might be gone too."

"See? That wasn't too bad."

"You're right it wasn't."

***

Five years later, Scorpio was sitting on the couch curled up in a ball again.

"Once afraid of thunder storms, always afraid of thunder storms." Gemini sighed and shook her head.

"Hey, don't judge me!"

"I guess I'll have to sit down and comfort you like I used to."

"That would be nice. Can you go get some snacks please?"

"Sure." Gemini got up and went to the kitchen. Scorpio smiled and remembered when they did the same thing ten years ago. After a few minutes, Gemini returned with some snacks. "At least the power isn't gone out yet."

"Yeah."

"You've always been so cute when you're afraid."

"I can't help it."

"I know." Gemini wrapped her arms around Scorpio. "I love you Scorpio."

"I love you too, Gemini." Scorpio pulled her in for a kiss.