Pisces (f) x Libra (m)

A/N: I don't care if this story is a bit cliché, I still really like it.

Pisces woke up in her underwater cave. She got up, and looked at her scaly green tail. She smiled, brushed her fingers through her hair, and sighed.

Pisces was a mermaid, but she dreamt of finding love. None of the mermen that lived around her really understood her, so that's why Pisces thought that maybe if she met a human man, maybe he'd find her beautiful and love her. Pisces always tried to look nice just in case a lonely man was walking around on the beach.

Pisces put on her favourite sea shell bra and a few pearl necklaces, then she swam out of her cave to search on the beach for love.

***

"Beautiful day to go surfing." Libra dragged his surfboard through the warm sand.

"Indeed," agreed Virgo.

Cancer chuckled. "Maybe we'll see a mermaid."

Libra shook his head. "Can, mermaids aren't real."

"Yes they are! I swear I saw one a few years ago." Cancer looked at the ocean, trying to find mermaids.

Virgo sighed. "It doesn't matter. I just want to go surfing."

Cancer pointed at the waves. "But those are some big waves. Just because it's sunny outside, doesn't mean it's safe to surf."

"You don't have to come." Libra put his surf board in the water, and started to swim forward.

"I'll just watch for a few minutes." Virgo sat down on the sand next to his board.

"Me too." Cancer sat beside Virgo.

When Libra got up to surf, he fell backwards off his surf board. He didn't pop back up.

"LIBRA!" screamed Virgo and Cancer.

***

Pisces was swimming like usual. When she got close enough to the surface, she saw a surfer. Pisces watched as he fell off his board into a bunch of seaweed. He tried to swim upwards, but his foot somehow got caught up in a bunch of seaweed.

He started to panic, but he couldn't get his foot unstuck. Pisces immediately swam towards him and helped him get his leg free. His eyes widened and he blinked to make sure he wasn't hallucinating when he saw her, but as soon as she freed his leg, he swam to the surface. When he looked back down, the beautiful mermaid was gone.

***

Pisces was swimming near the beach for hours later, hoping the surfer would come back. He was handsome and Pisces hoped that he could fall in love with her. Don't be stupid. A human boy can't fall in love with a mermaid! But she didn't give up looking. She had to find him again. Even if she only saw him for a few minutes, she wanted to know his name.

***

"I'm telling you guys. She saved me." All three surfers were walking back to the beach the next day.

Virgo didn't believe him. "The lack of oxygen to your brain from being underwater for too long probably caused you to hallucinate."

"No Virgo, mermaids ARE real! I told you so!" said Cancer.

Libra paused. "Wait Cancer, what did she look like? The mermaid that you saw."

"I saw her a few years ago, but she had a green tail and really long hair. Oh yeah, and she had blue eyes. The bluest eyes I've ever seen."

Libra nodded. "The mermaid I saw was like that."

"Was she pretty?" asked Virgo.

"She was beautiful. The most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

Virgo chuckled. "Aww... typical love story."

"It's not a love story. I don't even know if I'll ever see her again."

"Then why are we headed back to the beach?" asked Cancer.

"Because she might be there." Then all three of them sat down on the sand and waited.

An hour later, they were still looking at the ocean.

Virgo sighed. "Libra, I don't think she's coming back."

Cancer stood up. "I have stuff I need to do."

"You guys go back then. I'll wait a little longer."

Virgo and Cancer walked away. Libra looked closely as he saw something coming closer in the water.

***

Pisces was swimming closer to the shore. It was him! She was sure of it. Then she swam to the surface of the water, and spat the water out of her lungs so she could breathe in air. She saw him sitting there on the sand, staring at the ground.

"Hello."

Libra jumped. "Mermaid?"  He was a bit shocked.

"Yes. I am a mermaid."

"You're the one who saved me."

"Yes. You're the one that got his foot stuck in the seaweed."

"Wow... I can't believe you're real! I'm talking to a real mermaid."

"Yeah. What's your name? Mine is Pisces."

"I'm Libra. What's it like to have a tail?"

"It's pretty cool. Although I'd rather have legs."

"Is there anyway for a mermaid to get legs?"

"Yes, but the only way is to fall in love with a human."

"Here let me try something." Libra got into the water and swam out to where Pisces was. Then he kissed her. All of the sudden Pisces' tail turned into two legs.

"My tail! It's gone! How did you know that was going to work?"

"I didn't. Here take this." Libra took off his shirt, and handed it to Pisces. She put it on, and it fit her like a dress. "Come on. Let me teach you how to live like a human. Did I tell you you're beautiful yet?"

"No not yet. And I can't wait to see how a human lives." Pisces followed Libra onto the sand.

"Wait. Can you get your tail back though? Don't you have a family?"

Pisces smiled. "My tail will come back whenever I come in contact with salt water. I didn't really have a family, so I was pretty lonely underwater. That's why I tried looking for a human man."

"You fell in love prettily easily if all it took was one kiss."

"Mermaids are like that. We lose our hearts easily, and get twice as upset when they're broken."

"In that case, I promise not to break your heart."