Capricorn (f) x Cancer (m)

Capricorn let out a scream as she pulled the trigger. The zombie fell down with a hole in its head.

Capricorn looked around to see how everyone else was doing. "CANCER WATCH OUT!!!" She shot a zombie that snuck up on Cancer.

"Is everyone alright?" Scorpio also studied her surroundings. Their little group was injured, but there were no zombies left.

It's been a year since the zombie apocalypse started. There was a cure, but scientists were really slow at duplicating it. All they had to do is wait a while longer before there was enough of the cure to turn the zombies back to humans. And then maybe Capricorn could get back her friends that fell victim to the zombies.

Leo fell to his knees from exhaustion. "Everyone's alright. Let's get back so we can patch up our injuries."

Cancer nodded. "Good idea. Thanks for saving me Cap."

"No problem." Capricorn was the leader of their little group.

Capricorn marched back to the camp with the rest of her group Cancer, Scorpio, Leo and Taurus.

As soon as they got back, Aries and Aquarius ran over to welcome them back. The camp was a little camp set up with lots of tents by an ocean.

"Are you guys alright?" asked Aquarius.

"Yeah. We're all alive but some of us are injured." Capricorn tried to hide how injured she was so the others could seek medical attention first.

"ARIES!!!" Leo ran forward and hugged his girlfriend. Aries lost her balance and they both fell down. Capricorn smiled. It was nice to see some people could find love and be happy at a time like this, but not Capricorn. Capricorn was too busy being the leader of a group and keeping everyone alive.

***

Cancer sat in a tent as Libra wrapped the bandage around his leg.

"She's pretty amazing isn't she?" asked Cancer.

"Who?" asked Libra.

"Capricorn! She saved my life twice now. It's too bad she's always so serious, a strong girl like her deserves to be happy."

"Yeah."

"And... It's kind of awesome how brave she is..."

"Sounds to me like someone had a crush."

"What? No I don't! I'm just admiring her! But she IS attractive."

Libra rolled his eyes. "Go ask to make out with her or something already."

Cancer glared at him. "She wouldn't want to find love at a time like this... She has other people's lives to look over so she won't worry about her own. She's just awesome like that you know?"

"Dude, you're so in love with her I can't believe no one else figured it out." Libra finished bandaging Cancer's leg.

"Thanks Libra." He limped out of the tent and someone else went in. Cancer looked around and noticed Capricorn standing on the grass looking out into the ocean.

Cancer snuck up on her. "Gaaaaaaaaaah."

Capricorn screamed and jumped back with her gun already pointing at Cancer.

"Woah, just me." Cancer put his hands up in defence.

"Jeez Cancer, you scared me, don't do that!" Capricorn playfully hit him. Then she sat down.

Cancer sat beside her. "I sure do miss everyone."

"Yeah... me too."

"I hate this! I hate having to watch as we lose more and more people."

"We'll have a cure soon. And then everything will be alright."

"I wish I was as confident as you sound."

"Me too."

Cancer laughed and to his surprise, Capricorn laughed too. Then they heard laughter somewhere else and they saw Leo chasing after Aries.

Capricorn sighed. "I wish it was easy for me to find love like that..."

"Me too."

"It would be nice to find some happiness before it's too late."

"I thought you'd be too busy leading this group to think about love."

"Being a leader is important, but it would still be nice to be happy sometimes."

"I'm just going to say it. Capricorn, I love you."

Capricorn jumped back in surprise. "What?"

"Y-You're awesome and I love you." Cancer blushed madly.

Capricorn smiled. "You're too cute when you're nervous. Too bad we can't go on a date right now for obvious reasons."

Cancer leaned in for a kiss, but Capricorn didn't notice and she pulled him into a hug. Cancer awkwardly hugged her back. "After this is over with and they make enough of the cure, I have to take you on a date."

"I'll look forward to it."

Cancer grabbed her wrist. "I have an idea."

"What are you doing?"

"Come on! Let's go swimming."

"But I need to get back and help around the camp."

"You're always doing everything. That's why we have Aquarius and Scorpio for helping out when you're not there. Come on have a bit of fun."

"What about your leg?"

"It's just a cut, it will be fine."

"But... I'm the leader. I have to help out."

Cancer chuckled. "My feelings will be broken. You don't want to be responsible for that, do you?"

Capricorn sighed in defeat. "Okay." Her and Cancer kicked off their shoes and socks before running out into the water.

"What if there's zombies in here?" asked Cancer to spook Capricorn.

"No, we're too far away from all the zombies. There aren't any of them even close to here. Don't try to scare me like that."

"Fine." Then they swam around a bit in the water."I'm so glad I told you how I felt."

"I'm glad you did too."

Then they kissed.