Scorpio (f) x Cancer (m)

Cancer handed his ticket to the lady behind the counter and walked inside the school gym. He found a seat near the front and sat down. He got there early so he could get a good seat, but now he had to wait a while for the show to actually start. He placed the bouquet of flowers on the floor between his feet and took out his phone to play a game.

***

After almost an hour of waiting, a woman stood in front of the stage. "Ladies, gentlemen, and everyone else! Please welcome the school drama troupe as they perform tonight. They have put lots of hard work into this musical so please respect them and stay seated, turn your cell phones off, and no flash photography please. Thank you."

Everyone clapped and she stepped off the stage. A few seconds later, the curtain opened up to reveal the whole drama troupe. Then the music started and they started dancing. Not too long after that, they started singing too.

Cancer saw her right away. Scorpio was wearing a pretty red dress and she was in the middle of the front row. Scorpio always loved the spotlight, and she was an amazing singer and dancer too. She was so excited for Cancer to come watch her. He promised he'd be there and he kept his promise.

***

Scorpio smiled at Cancer. He was here. He actually showed up. This made her really happy. She worked really hard on memorizing all the lyrics and dance moves by heart, and Cancer cared enough to come see how she did.

***

After the musical was over, everyone got up. Scorpio ran offstage and gave Cancer a big hug.

"You were great, babe," grinned Cancer.

"Thanks. I'm so glad you're here! This means a lot to me."

"I got you these." Cancer handed her a bouquet of flowers.

"Thanks so much! Are you staying for the after party?"

"After party?"

"Yeah. Everyone brought food and in a few minutes we'll all go in the cafeteria and eat. I'll sneak you in."

"Alright. Let's go then." Cancer put his arm around Scorpio and they waked to the cafeteria.

***

"So many desserts!" Cancer gawked at the two tables in the front of the cafeteria full of desserts.

"I know right. My grandmother made the strawberry pie over there."

"I'll have to try some then." Cancer and Scorpio cut themselves a slice of pie each.

"Ooh truffles!" Scorpio piled her plate with desserts.

"There's cake pops too! This is amazing!"

"Yes, it is." Scorpio and Cancer sat down at a table with their plates full of food and started eating.

"Wow. Your grandmother bakes delicious pie."

"I know right! She used to bake it for me and my sister Taurus all the time."

"Lucky. My grandmother hates baking..."

"Maybe one day you'll have to come over to my house and we'll bake a pie."

"Do you know how to bake a pie? Because I don't."

"Yeah, I know how to make a pie."

"Okay. Who made these cream puffs?"

"I think Leo did."

Cancer was about to eat a cream puff, when he accidentally squeezed it making the cream squeeze on his shirt. Scorpio started laughing. "Leave it to me to get cream all over my shirt."

Scorpio passed him a napkin and he wiped the cream off his shirt. "That was funny."

"Now, I'll try not to do that again." Cancer picked up another cream puff, but Scorpio squeezed it making the cream go on Cancer's shirt again.

"Seriously?"

"Sorry. I couldn't resist."

Cancer got another napkin and wiped the cream off again. "Maybe I should just save these cream puffs for later."

"Good idea. I'm so glad you watched my show tonight."

"I wouldn't miss it even if I broke an arm."

"Wait... next time I'll break your arm before my show. Then I'll know if you're telling the truth."

Cancer rolled his eyes. "If you do that... then I'll have to do this." He squeezed a cream puff, getting the cream all over Scorpio.

"I did NOT bake those just so you guys could waste them all over each other!" complained Becky who sat across from them.

Scorpio and Cancer laughed before eating more dessert.