Capricorn (f) x Sagittarius (m)

Capricorn stood in front of her boyfriend Sagittarius at school.

"I just don't think it's working out." Tears fell from her face.

"What do you mean?" Sagittarius' heart felt like it stopped.

"Our relationship. I just don't think you care enough about me."

"Capricorn, don't do this."

"I'm sorry, but I'm breaking up with you."

Capricorn felt like Sagittarius didn't care about her anymore so she decided that today she had to break up with him. She didn't want to drag the relationship out, since she didn't think it was going to last.

"Goodbye Capricorn." Sagittarius walked away before she could see the tears falling down his face.

***

Capricorn, Aquarius and Taurus were talking in the cafeteria.

"You look upset. What happened?" asked Taurus.

"I broke up with Sagittarius."

Aquarius gasped. "You did? Are you alright?"

"I didn't want to break up with him, but I had to because I just don't think he loves me anymore."

Taurus furrowed her brow. "You didn't talk to him about it first?"

"No because it's too hard. Whenever I try to talk to him, he always tells me that he does love me, but I'm not so sure."

"And how do you feel about that?" asked Aquarius.

"Sad because I think I still love him." Capricorn's lip quivered as her voice cracked.

Taurus sighed. "It's okay. We'll always be here for you."

"Do you want a hug?" asked Aquarius.

"Yes please." They both gave her a big hug.

***

Sagittarius was in class thinking about when Capricorn broke up with him.

Why did she break up with me? Does she not love me anymore or does she think I don't love her? I thought we were a really good couple, so I don't know why Capricorn decided to end things. Maybe I should just ask her about it tomorrow. Thought Sagittarius. Then he decided that's what he was going to do.

***

The next day at school, Capricorn was talking to Aquarius and Taurus when Sagittarius walked up to them. Taurus protectively stepped in front of Capricorn.

"You hurt her and she doesn't want to talk to you," growled Aquarius while glaring at him.

"I just need to ask her a question."

Taurus crossed her arms. "Well, you're too late."

Capricorn bit her lip. "Guys... let him talk to me."

"Are you sure?" asked Aquarius.

"Yes."

Taurus stepped away from Capricorn. "Okay then. Fine."

Aquarius and Taurus walked away.

"What do you want to say?" asked Capricorn. She avoided his gaze by looking at the floor.

"Why did you break up with me?"

"Because things just aren't working out."

"What do you mean?"

"I need someone that cares about me."

"But I care about you!"

"No you don't!"

"Of course I do! Why do you think otherwise?"

"Because, it just seems like you don't love me anymore."

"That's not true!"

"It isn't?"

"Of course not! I still love you. That's why I was so upset that you broke up with me."

"You still love me?"

"I never stopped."

Capricorn gave him a hug. "I'm sorry I broke up with you. Do you want to maybe try again?"

"I'd love to."

"I think neither of us were trying hard enough before."

"It's alright, we just have to try harder for now on."

"I'd better text my friends before they key your car or something." Capricorn pulled her phone out of her pocket.

"They're one overprotective bunch."

"They just want me to be happy."

"That works out nicely because when you're happy, it makes me happy, so technically they make me happy."

Capricorn laughed and playfully punched him. "I missed your sense of humour so much."

"It's only been a day."

"It feels like it's been longer."

"Want to go walk around the school together?"

"Let's go find my friends while we're at it. I'd be surprised if your locker is still intact by now."

"Yeah, we'd better hurry up and find them."