Leo (f) x Aquarius (m)

Leo was sitting down in the empty classroom at lunch. She sighed. All of this because of one bad grade! This is useless why can't my parents see that! Thought Leo as she drummed her fingers on the desk. She got a bad grade on her last math test and now her parents were making her get a tutor. Leo didn't know who her tutor was, but she prayed it wasn't a snobby know-it-all. Okay if my tutor doesn't get here soon, I'm leaving. I was supposed to go out for lunch with Aries and now she's disappointed that she has to go alone.

Aquarius walked through the door and closed it. He smiled and sat down beside Leo. "Hi. I'm Aquarius."

"I know. I'm Leo." She gave him a fake smile.

"So you're having trouble with math?"

"No! I got one bad grade."

"Still. It won't hurt to have a tutor."

"Why are you my tutor?"

"Because I got a perfect score on the last math test," said Aquarius confidently. "I'm really good at math."

"Oh. I didn't know that."

"Yeah. So let me see your last test so we can see what you need help with."

Leo opened her math book and pulled out her test. "I don't know how I messed it up so badly."

Aquarius looked over the test. "Okay let's start with multiplication. What's two times two?"

"Don't tease me."

"Sorry. You look like you're upset and I'm trying to lighten the mood. I can see through a fake smile anywhere."

"Oh."

"Here. I'll help explain to you what you got wrong, okay?"

"Okay."

***

  Leo and Aries were sitting in class whispering. "...so then he explained stuff," explained Leo.

"Oh. Is he cute?"

"Well, yeah kind of."

"Ten bucks says you'll fall in love."

"You're on."

"So, how long will you have to be tutored by him?"

"Until Aquarius writes a note to my parents telling them that I've learned those stupid math equations."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Hey, at least you get to spend time with Aquarius."

"I guess you're right."

***

The next day, Leo was sitting in her usual seat what Aquarius walked in.

"Hi Aqua."

"Hi Leo."

"What are we doing today?"

"I'm going to quiz you again to see if you've been studying at home like I told you to. Then I made a few worksheets for you to do."

"Okay."

Aquarius started quizzing her. After he was finished, he grinned. "Wow. You have definitely been studying at home. You got most of the questions right!"

"YEAH! High five!" Leo high fived Aquarius.

"Now complete these worksheets." Aquarius gave Leo a few worksheets. Leo got her pencil and started working on them right away.

***

At home, Leo was talking to Aries on the phone.

"He said I've improved a lot."

"Wow that's good!" said Aries.

"Yeah. I might even be able to stop being tutored tomorrow or the day after."

"You don't sound too happy."

"Of course I'm happy."

"I think you like Aquarius."

"I do not!"

"Yes you do!"

"No I don't."

"Remember our deal? Ten bucks if you fall in love."

"Got to go, bye." Leo hung up the phone. I don't like Aquarius. I just find him cute. Okay maybe I do like him a bit. Then she got her math book and started studying, thinking of Aquarius the entire time.

***

The next day, Leo was sitting confidently at her desk when Aquarius walked in.

"Ready for another day of being quizzed?"

"Yes I am."

Aquarius quizzed her. He smiled when they were finished. "Wow. You got all the questions right."

"I've been practicing at home."

"Wow. I don't think you need me anymore. You're really good at this now. You must have been studying math for a while."

"So... If I'm done can you write a note to my parents?"

"Sure." Aquarius got a piece of paper and wrote the note for Leo.

"I guess that means no more tutoring for me."

"You sound disappointed."

"No I'm not."

"Do you like being tutored?"

"No, but I think I like my tutor."

"What?"

Leo blushed. "Maybe I Gould the have told you that."

"Leo... I-"

"I know I'm sorry."

"I think I might be starting to like you too."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I've been starting to look forward to coming here to tutor you. Want to go on a date sometime? My treat for studying so hard."

"I'd love to." Then her and Aquarius walked out of the classroom.

Without saying a word, Leo gave Aries ten dollars as they walked past her.