Trust

** Mason POV **

When Riley walked away from me and stormed up the stairs , I was pissed . She can't walk away from me , I won't let her . I need her just as much as she needs me . I stood their feeling mixed emotions as I heard her slam her bedroom door . No no no no ! I ran up the stairs and opened her door .

She was sobbing , her face buried in her hands as she sat on the edge of her bed . She didn't seem settled by me busting in her room . She didn't even look up at me .

_____________________

**Riley's POV**

I slowly raised my head and looked up at Mason who was standing by my door looking pissed .

" I'm not going to give up on you Riley . You need my help , please let me help you damn it ! " He looked at me with pleading eyes . Is this real ?Is Mason Anderson begging me ?

" M-Mason , you can't ever tell anybody what I have told you today . " I got up off my bed and walked over to Mason , looking him deep in his eyes .

" I promise , I won't tell anyone . " Mason replied , embracing me with a warm hug . I enjoyed beginning in his arms , I felt warm and most importantly ... I felt safe .

" Would you mind if I took a shower , you made me all sweaty from basketball . " I giggled , pushing mason away .

He's smirked appeared , and It felt nice . Nice to know even after I told mason about what happened to me , he doesn't look at me different .

" Can I join you . " He asked suggestively , weighing his eyebrows .

" Sure . " I shrugged simply . His jaw dropped and his eyes popped out of his head .

" S-s-seriously ? " he stuttered .

" Of course not , you perv ! " I laughed , punching his arm playfully .

He rolled his eyes and jumped on to my bed . I walked over to my closet and got out , a bra and underwear and something to throw on after my shower .

" See ya in 25 minutes or so . " I walked into my bathroom and locked the doors . I put my iPod on the doc and blasted one direction , what makes you beautiful . I sung that song at the top of my lungs and enjoyed a warm , relaxing shower .

***30 minutes later **

After singing my heart out to every song that played , I hopped out of the shower . I threw on a baby blue white t , boy shorts , and my favorite fuzzy socks . I combed the knots out of my damped hair and left it down , since mason likes when my hair is down . Oh shut up Riley , my inner voice echoed .

I stepped out of the bathroom and looked at Mason who was laying on my bed watching the titanic , laughing his ass off .

I narrowed my eyes and sat next to him on my bed . " What are you laughing at the titanic ? "

" Because this is bullshit ! Jack and rose knew each other for 5 seconds , and she already posing butt naked on a couch for him . " Mason laughed , pointing to the television .

I giggled a little because he was right ! Leave it up to Mason , to find something funny about a tragedy love story . Then I remembered we were supposed to talk about Alison today .

" So .... About Alison . Why do you think she um killed Alice . " I trailed off , trying to get that conversation flowing .

Mason clenched his jaw and balled up his fist .

" Don't you think it's strange how one day was all sweet and nice and then the next she was back to the old bitchy Alison . There has to be a reason why Alice just went missing and suddenly turned up dead . I think Alison wanted her life , she wanted to he Alice . " His face looked like he was getting pissed and he grabbed a fistful of my sheets .

" Can I ask you a question , though ? " I asked , unsure on how I would ask this question without making mason angry .

He nodded " Shoot . "

I gulped and tried to look a natural as possible . " After all of these years , why are you trying to find her killer ? "

He stared at me like I was crazy then looked and looked the other way . " Because I loved her more than anything , and since you and your family got here , there been a different kind of vibe . "

" We'll I'll help you get all the information you need . As long as you stay with me through all of this , I'll by your side as we'll . " I smiled softly at Mason , and placed my hand on his .

" Of course I will . " he grinned , placing a kiss on my forehead . My face heated up and I tried my best to hide it .

" I should go . Are you going to be okay ? " he asked , putting on his shoes .

" Yeah , of course . " I said a little disappointed , I didn't want mason to go .

" See you tomorrow in school , prom Queen . " Then he was gone .

I miss him already ... These feelings aren't natural . I think I like Mason a little more than a friend and I'm scared .