We Are

Author's Note:
This book takes you through my very first attempts at writing, to my latest pieces as of mid-2017, so please keep in mind how messy a few of them are going to be at the beginning, but know that the quality is getting better as you go along! And most importantly, I truly hope this writing takes you somewhere.💕

Your P.O.V
Lately, it felt like the whole world was against your relationship with Justin. Everyone made jokes, every spoke their true opinion and it was getting to you. You felt as you couldn't be yourself because people would judge you. It was becoming exhausting.

Sitting with Justin's friends, you stayed quiet, not wanting to draw attention to yourself.

"You okay?" He whispered in your ear as you were leaned into his side, his hand resting on your thigh innocently.

"Hm? Yeah, I'm okay." You sent him a weak smile in reassurance when all you wanted to do was leave.

"Are you sure? You're quiet." He pouted slightly, taking a hold of your hand and kissing it.

"I've just got a headache, that's all." You pecked his cheek sweetly, letting him know you were grateful for him showing concern.

"You guys don't stop touching each other, do you? Jesus, it's not just you in the room, you know." One of his female friends joked with a tight, annoyed tone.

A lot of his girl friends had flirted with him whilst you were stood right next to him, and he didn't seem to realise the meaning of their actions. They'd constantly be by his side, touching his waist and his shoulder with you right in the room. It frustrated you that he didn't see it.

"Come find me when you're tired of school, I'll show you how to graduate." One of the girls joked and laughed, sending Justin a wink and smirking at me in the process.

"I've gotta go." You rushed to stand up, and head upstairs to the room you shared with Justin.

It wasn't long before Justin was coming up to see what was wrong.

"Babe, why'd you leave so suddenly?" Justin asked, clearly dumbfounded.

"Oh my god, Justin! Can't you see it?!" You shouted in frustration, finally ready to let the built up energy and feelings out.

"See what?" He walked closer to you, his eyebrows furrowed deeply.

"You can't tell me you don't see what they're doing; they're constantly flirting with you, touching you, hinting things towards you. I can tell they're trying to break us up, they don't like me and they want you. It both scares me and annoys me that you don't seem phased by it." You ranted towards him, quietening down and losing the strength to shout towards the end.

He walked towards you and pulled you even closer to him.

"[Y/N], I see it all. The reason I don't seem phased is because I'm not, I don't want them. You don't have to question my love for you, I don't want to lose what we have and what we are just because of them. I know who those kind of people are, they won't be happy until they break us up. But what we have is too strong for them and you know it, they've never had the trust we have for each other and they see what we've got and they want it, they want to be a part of something like what we have." He spoke so honestly as he looked down at you.

"I love you." You spoke, not knowing what else to say.

"I love you, too. Now, let's go down there and show them we refuse to let them take away what we are." He grabbed your hand and pulled you out of the room.