Chapter 34

Rose

We had a few days off before exams started so I was at Finn's house. His dad was outside cooking food on the barbecue while I set the table inside. I had dinner with his dad a few times and he had dinner with my parents.

Finn was looking through some mail and opened some university applications. I was accepted into a couple but I have yet to make up my mind.

"Woah, woah, woah." He said standing up. I turned as a white envelope rested in his hands.

"What?" I asked.

"This letter is from the NHL scouts." He said.

"Well don't stand there like an idiot! Open it!" I laughed. He quickly tore open the envelope and read the writing on it.

"Dear Finnigan Roberts, it has come to our attention that you are leading your state championship team in a miraculous number of points in minimal games. We hereby placed you into the entry draft for this year. We have yet to discover what place you will go but expect a call further to the date to explain everything." He said. He looked up and his eyes were wide like a small childs'.

"Good job baby! You did it!" I clapped.

He ran forward and hugged me tightly and I hugged him back kissing his head.

"I'm so proud of you." I whispered.

"I am too." Someone said. He turned and his dad smiled placing down the food.

"I did it." Finn grinned and his dad patted his shoulder.

"You did it Finny. I always knew you could, you deserve this." He smiled.

"Thanks." He said continuing to stare at the letter.

"Good now let us celebrate! I have a bottle of champagne in the cellar. Rose do your parents mind if you have a glass of champagne?" He asked.

"No it's fine. It is a special occasion." I assured.

"Perfect I will be right back!" He called. He jogged downstairs and Finn looked up.

"If I go I can't go to university. What if I get drafted to a Canadian team?" He asked.

"If you will have me I will follow you to the fucking North Pole. If you don't want to I will stay here." I said taking his face in my hands.

"You sure you're ready to give up everything?" He whispered.

"You know some people may think we are rushing into this which is kind of true but you know what, if it feels so right then why stop? I love you and I don't want to date anyone else but you." I said dragging my thumb across his cheek bone. He took my hand and kissed my palm and then squeezed my hand.

"I love you." He said.

"And I always will. Now come on let's eat I am starving and we need to celebrate. It's good news we have heard." I smiled standing up.

"Did Steele receive a letter?" His father Joe asked.

"Yes he got one last week and he decided to go." I said not throwing in the fact that Steele was not joining the Mafia. I don't think telling the new sergeant would be a wise move.

"Good for him. You both have worked so hard this year. Now all you have to do is get through these exams and you are officially done high school." Joe said raising his glass. We clinked our glasses together before drinking them.

----

AN: So this story is coming to an end. I will make another book to this series but as of right now I want to work on other stories. So I am think another chapter and we will be finished. It was more of a short story but I promise I will make a continuation to this series.

I just want to finish other stories.

Sorry but don't worry because I will make a new one soon!