Chapter 8

I put her eyes again because I like them.

Finn

She looked up and a genuine smile spread across her face.

"I'm fine. I'm use to the dicks here just wanting to get into my pants all the time." She sighed while gently cleaning the broken skin.

"You don't deserve that." I said.

"Sometimes I think I do with the way I treat people."

"You should never think that. You deserve a lot. You deserve to be treated like the queen you are."

"Thanks." She whispered while her cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

"I just shut everyone in this school off except for my family because I'm pissed at everyone for my mistakes. I got kicked off my sports teams and I'm angry at everyone here when it is my fault. I should just listen to my parents and be a good girl and I'd still be on my team."

"Yea but then you aren't being yourself. You have to do what you want to do not what somebody else wants you to do." I said.

"This is going to sting." She whispered. Her delicate hands touched my cheek bone and I winced away from the alcohol that touched the wound.

"Fuck that hurts." I whispered.

"I know, it will be over in a second." She assured. She applied a bandage and then sat began putting everything away. Once she was finished she met my eyes.

"Thank you." She said.

"For what?"

"For standing up for me with Steele. Usually he would be standing by himself and I would take on Jack but it was nice how someone else stepped up for me. No one in this school ever does besides Steele, Sam, Connor and Cameron." She said.

"I think people have the wrong impression of you. You're not as bad as you think." I chuckled while leaning my head back against the tree trunk.

"People are scared of me now because I fought so much, I broke a girls arm while slamming her against the lockers because she said she was glad I wasn't on the hockey team anymore. She said I was a sorry excuse for a captain and then I made her miss a whole season. Then Clarabelle and I always fight, I swear we fight every week." I laughed.

"But I try talking to people and they like cower away from me, like everything I say or do is way too scary. You know how much it sucks that I don't have a girl best friend. Our cousins are really close to us but I would like a girl best friend outside of our home. Someone I can talk to easily and they will understand what I'm going through, someone to talk about boys with and to ask for advice."

"You can always ask Steele."

"Every time I tell Steele about a boy he freaks out and says all the want to do is get into my pants so that never works. I hardly talk to my parents these days because they have set rules that Steele and I are supposed to follow and we don't want to."

"Don't. Do what you want to do, Rose. You're gorgeous, smart and funny. Do what makes you happy or else you will be sad your entire life. You do you." I Said.