Chapter 18

Steele

"I'm Finn Roberts." Finn said looking at my dad.

"It's nice to meet you Finn. You are very handsome." My mom smiled.

"Thank you, Mrs. Rivers. Rose looks a lot like you." He said.

"You guys had sex didn't you?" My dad blurted.

"Lucas Ace Rivers!" My mom scolded.

"In all honesty I told her no. She wanted to but I said no." He said.

"And that's supposed to make me feel better?" My dad asked.

"Lucas." Mom said through gritted teeth. Finally the doors opened and uncle Zach walked out.

"Zach..." My mom said standing up and running over.

"She did alright Vi. She had two broken discs in her neck. Her head crunched up and forced the two out. We fixed them and thankfully her spinal cord is fine. She is most likely going to have a pretty serious concussion. She has not woken up yet, and she has twenty staples on her head." He explained.

"Can we see her?" She asked.

"Yes. I put her in moms old room." He said. Our grandmother died about two days after we were born. Our parents named Rose after her, mom has one of the coloured tattoos on her arm dedicated to her.

We walked down the hallway and Rose was propped up slightly with her neck in a collar. A bandage on her head and a breathing tube in her nose.

"Oh Rose." Mom whispered walking over. She kissed her head as Rose's eyes remained shut.

"When should she wake up?" Mom asked.

"We don't know. The paramedics said she was thrown pretty hard and the metal of the locker was dented. We just have to wait and see..." He said.

***

Two weeks went on and we all patiently waited by her side. Numerous Mafia men came by and dropped off flowers and balloons for Rose.

Finally Finn, Cameron and I arrived after our game and Rose's eyes fluttered open and she squinted at the bright light.

"Turn off the light! Zach!?" Mom called.

Rose was dazed and confused and moved slowly. She looked at the needle in her arm through hooded eyes and then looked at mom.

"W-who are you?" She mumbled.

"Rose? It's me. Mom." She said softly. Zach came in and turned on a small light and Rose frowned.

"What are you doing, crazy?" She mumbled.

"Rosie it's just to check something." Uncle Zach said.

"Okay, as I said before definitely a concussion and she looks like she is showing signs of amnesia." He said.

"Amnesia!? She can't have amnesia!"

"There is nothing I can do Violet. She hit her head really hard, I suspect it is not a serious case but her memory should comeback. Rose do you know anyone in this room?" He asked snapping Rose out of staring at the floor.

She glanced around and her eyes landed on me.

"Steele! Who are these crazy people?"
She asked.

"Rosie, that's mom, dad, Cameron, Connor and Sammy and look it's Finn." I said. She narrowed her eyes at everyone curiously.

"Does not ring a bell- ow!" She screamed. She accidentally shook her neck and mom sighed.

"Sweetheart, you broke your neck and had pretty serious surgery you can't be shaking your head like that." Uncle Zach said.

"I had surgery? Was it cool?" She asked.

"You had two surgeries. One to put the bones in place and another to mend them together." He explained.

"Do I have wicked scars?" She asked.

"Maybe, it's on the back of your neck. You have a scar on your forehead because you had a really big cut." He explained.

"Am I cool?" She asked laying back.

"Yes you're cool." Mom said and she smiled.

"Thanks lady."