Chapter 6

Cameron Rivers

Rose

I woke up the next morning in a sour mood. I sighed and straightened my hair and tied half of it up into a messy bun.

I looked through my closet and grabbed a pair of ripped boyfriend jeans and a plain maroon baseball tee.

"Damn Rose, back at it again with the white Vans." I laughed. I opened my door and walked down the stairs and went into the kitchen.

"Good morning, Rose." My mom smiled. I just nodded and grabbed a homemade rice Krispy square from the table.

My dad came down and he usually kissed my head but I turned away from him.

"Bye." I muttered walking to the front door. I went outside and got into Steele's car with the rest of the boys and we drove off to school.

***

"Hey new kid." I smirked walking past Finn. He turned and shot me a smile.

"Rose, what can I do for you?" He asked fixing his books.

"You free second period?" I asked as he looked me up and down.

"I got health." He said.

"Health? That class is such a right off. I'm ditching, you in?" I asked.

"You're skipping?" He asked to clarify.

"Yea, I don't remember stuttering. If you're a goody-goody then stay here I don't want to fuck up your perfect record." I smiled.

"I don't have a perfect record." He scoffed.

"Says the academy kid." I teased.

"Ah, Steele told you I went to an academy. Yes I wore a uniform and was considered a preppy rich kid, I know." He said rolling his eyes.

I walked with him to Ms. Anderson's class and people stepped out of my way.

"I'm a rich kid too." I shrugged.

"You are? How come you don't act like Clarabelle?" He asked.

"Clarabelle? You talked to that psychotic woman? I don't think we can be friends new kid." I said backing away from him.

"Chill, she talked to me once and asked me if I wanted to hang out and I said no."

"Good, you saved yourself from a clingy woman." I laughed.

"So what's your deal? Are you the badass?" He asked.

"Yep, Steele and I were a package. Skipping school, getting into fights, fucking with everyone. But this year he got serious into hockey and is getting a full ride scholarship whereas I am stuck on a path my parents wanted me to go on. I rebelled and I got kicked off of the hockey team and soccer team." I sighed.

"You play hockey?" He asked looking me up and down.

"Yea, I'm really good at it. I played on the boys team and I was Steele's assistant captain. Coach Finley said I was not welcomed back to the team this year because I kept fighting...so..." I sighed feeling anger rise in my chest.

"Shit that sucks. Why didn't you just stop?" He asked.

"Because I don't want people making decisions for me. I want to choose what I want to do in life. I am a strong and independent woman and I fucking slay because guess what new kid? I'm a fucking Queen." I snapped and his eyes lit up with laughter.

"You are really independent and very opinionated."

"Thanks, I don't let people walk all over me. Especially girls like Clarabelle and boys like Deacon." I sighed.

"What's the deal with Deacon? Ex?" He asked as we stood outside Anderson's class. The bell had not yet rung so we had time.

"He is on the football team and he is the star quarter back and like every typical school he thinks he runs everything. The little shit has been trying to get in my pants the past two years."

"I see, yes he speaks very...colourfully of you." Finn said uncomfortably.

"Yea, him and every other boy in this school think they can waltz into my pants. I'm a saint compared to the girls around here." I laughed flicking my hair.

"A saint?" He laughed.

"Oh yea. I may fight girls and get in trouble but I have a lot of moral values for myself. Saint Rose, new kid."

"Are you going to stop calling me new kid?" Finn asked as we stepped into the classroom and went to our seats.

"Maybe, we'll see how it goes Roberts." I winked.