Chapter 31

Finn

There she was.

It was like being the 'new kid' again. I mean it has only been a couple of months but seeing her now felt like looking at her for the first time.

Today was homecoming or something like that and Rose was dressed in a black and white dress and a pair of sandals. Her long tanned legs were on full view for everyone. Her hair was in a bun with a few curly pieces hanging down.

She was chatting with Sky as we decorated the gym for phys ed. Well Steele, Derek and I just stood around as the girls mostly did everything.

"Dude you have been staring at my sister for ten minutes now. It's weird." Steele said.

"I wasn't staring. I was looking at...the floor. There is a scuff right there." I shrugged.

"Is there a scuff on her legs?" Derek smirked and Steele hit him.

"That's your cousin." He sighed.

"Finnigan." Coach said sternly.

"Fuck he looks pissed." Derek whispered as coach walked towards me. He placed a hand on the back of my neck and showed me a paper on a clipboard.

"These are the stats for the last ten games. You went from racking up two or three points a game to getting one assist in ten games. What's going on kid? You're new and I made you assistant captain, I can't have this." He said as I stared at the clipboard. My name was on the bottom and I sighed.

"I-I guess I'm going through a slump?" I shrugged.

"Kid, scouts are not impressed and we aren't going to be state champions with you not playing well. You were my top scorer." He said and I glanced at Rose. He followed my gaze and sighed looking at Steele.

"Rivers is it little Rivers?" He asked and Steele looked at me before nodding once.

"Rose." Coach Finley yelled loudly. She came over and looked at him confused.

"Yea, coach?"

"I need an extra player tonight. Roberts needs a night off. You in?" He asked and my jaw dropped.

"Really?" She asked surprised.

"Really front line centre." He said while looking at me.

"Uh sure thing coach." She nodded.

"Coach are you serious!?" I exclaimed.

"I am. Rose hasn't fought in a while and she was my assistant captain. Fix this, Roberts." He said. He turned and walked away and I turned back. My blood was boiling.

"Fuck this." I whispered.

"I will score you a goal new kid." She winked. I frowned at her and a grin appeared on her face.

"Touched a nerve, Finn? Maybe coach realized I am a better player than you." She said stepping close to me so that her breasts were pressed right against me. I glanced down at her cleavage and she smirked.

"Miss me Finn? The feeling is not mutual." She said whispering the last part.

"Whatever Rose." I said turning and walking away. I heard her huff angrily and when I sat down on the bench she was storming out of the gym.