Chapter 25

Rose

"What happened to your face?" Steele asked as I walked down stairs. On the weekend both mom and dad went to the Mafia bar.

"Fucking taking out some garbage last night and a dog or something jumped at me." I lied.

"A dog or something? Dude you could have rabies." Cameron said. Steele peered at me clearly not falling for it.

"Stop I'm fine." I said brushing him off.

"You went to the underground last night didn't you?" Steele asked.

"For fuck sakes." Sam sighed.

"Okay so maybe Sam and I went last night." I sighed.

"Rosie what the fuck is wrong with you? You literally just came back from a broken neck!" Steele yelled angrily.

"Steele it's what I want to do. If I get hurt it is on me." I said annoyed.

"No it is on me." He said.

"How the fuck is it on you? Do you control me? No!"

"No but I'm the oldest." He said and I gave him a 'what the fuck face'.

"And?" I asked.

"Whatever happens to you I get in trouble! "Steele why didn't you look after your sister?" Or "Steele you're the oldest". I'm tired of picking up for your dumb mistakes Rosie. You got kicked off the hockey and soccer team for being a fucking idiot and fighting. Where does it get you? No where!" He yelled and I felt tears prick my eyes.

"No fighting got me to not lie down and listen to controlling assholes like you and dad. You think you can dictate everything and make people fall in line but you can't. Who is too pussy to say to mom and dad that you don't want to be in the Mafia? You. Who is going to stop Clarabelle from calling me a whore and a slut? Not you and who is going to stop Deacon from sexually harassing me? Not you! I do everything myself because my older brother doesn't." I screamed.

"Rose I have schola-"

"I don't give a fuck what you have. Once someone says something about any of you I automatically have your backs because your family. You guys don't help me. Girls write shit about me on the stalls, the girls in the change room talk about me and guys at school think I'm easy and I'm not. But all you guys care about is your sports and scholarships. I always put people in their place when they talk about you." I said. By now tears were streaming down my face and all my brothers had come in to watch.

"You know how you say you love skating because the cold air keeps you sane and let's you blow off steam? Fighting allows me to beat the shit out of people because I get bullied. Yes I, Rose Rivers gets bullied by the girls at school and the boys. Call me psycho but it's what I do so thanks." I said grabbing a water from the fridge.

"Rosie," Sam began but I stopped.

"Sky says you guys are invited to her party tonight. Do me a favour and go so I can have some time to myself, please." I begged before walking upstairs and locking myself in my bedroom.