Chapter 3

Steele^^

Rose

I walked into English, late obviously.

Our teacher Ms. Anderson sighed. She was really nice and I never got in trouble in her class.

"I heard about the fight, Rose. You are so much better than that." She said and I shrugged while making my way to my desk.

I slumped down next to Steele as Ms. Anderson continued on with the lesson.

My eye was throbbing so I laid my head on my desk for a while until finally someone tapped my shoulder and I jolted up.

"Shit that is swollen." Steele said examining my eye.

"It's your green eye too. Dad loves your green eye." He said.

"It will go away in a week." I shrugged.

"I'd still fuck you, girl." Deacon said behind me.

"I'm not in the mood Deacon, piss off." I said and he laughed along with his idiot friend Jack Winston.

"Seriously Deacon? Talk about my little sister like that and I will beat your ass into a pulp." Steele threatened.

"Puh-lease, daddy wouldn't like that. Neither would coach Finley." Deacon taunted. I zoned the bickering boys out and my eyes landed on someone new across from me. He was looking down at his paper and he was texting on his phone.

He wore a plain grey t-shirt and shorts with Vans. He had on a baseball hat that was backwards and his muscular arms held some tattoos.

"That's the new kid on our team. Finn Roberts. He's an academy kid." Steele whispered.

"Why did he come here?" I asked.

"He is trying to get a scholarship and our hockey team is the best in the state." He explained.

I nodded and continued to look at the beautiful stranger until the bell rang.

***

After lunch I was taking my time to go to the change rooms for gym. I munched on an apple and I saw a familiar body looking down at a paper.

"Need help, new kid?" I asked as Finn's face was turned into a scowl at the purple sheet.

"Where in God's name are the change rooms?" He asked.

"I'm heading there newbie. Let's roll." I said snapping my fingers.

"You're in my English class right?" He asked.

"Yep. The name is Rose, I am the funniest person you will meet here and I am probably the only one that will never snake you because I am a real kind of person." I said walking slightly ahead of him.

"What happened to your eye?" He asked.

"Some girl called me a skank so I kicked her ass." I shrugged.

"She got a good hook in." He noted and I scoffed.

"Lucky shot. She pulled my hair so I was briefly paralyzed. I hate it when people pull my hair."

I finally got to the change rooms and I banged on the boys one.

"Here you are, see ya in there." I smiled.

"Hey thanks, my name is Finn." He smiled holding out his hand.

"Nice to meet you new kid. Remember I am the funniest and most realist person you will meet here."

"And?" He asked.

"And you do that with what you will. We can leave here and never talk or we can become friends. I'm really entertaining. Think about it." I chimed while heading into the girls' change room.