Chapter 33

(Rose's dress)

Finn

"Just think about it, dude. You want to start playing good again you got to have your girl on your arm. It's like every cheesy teen movie. She's your one. Look at Steph Curry he got married young because he has his one. You got yours stop fucking it up Finny." Kaiden snapped.

"As much as I hate it because it's my baby sister we are discussing, but Kaiden's right." Steele sighed.

"You're older than her by ten minutes get over it." Derek teased. Rose had left early to go get ready for the dance and coach was considering giving her spot back in place of me.

"Face it. You need Rose. When you were dating Rose you were scoring two or three goals a game plus giving assists." Tony said coming out of the shower.

Without saying anything I stood up and walked out to the parking lot. I grabbed my change of clothing from my backseat and not caring if anyone saw me I changed into the white dress shirt and pants I had brought. I rolled up the sleeves and took off my hat fixing the blond mess on my head.

I made my way to the school and parked quickly. I got out and headed up the steps and into the gym.

Rose

"Honestly I love your dress." Sky said. I smiled while slightly twirling. People were dancing to One Dance by Drake I believe. Hell I can't remember the names of all these new songs.

"Thanks, I decided for one night to feel like a girl. Besides I just came from a hat trick game." I laughed flicking my hair.

"Hottie prospect, twelve o'clock." She whispered.

I looked up to see Finn walking towards us with a determined look on his face. He had on black dress pants and a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Let's get real Finn had a hockey ass and those pants hugged him perfectly.

He actually had his hat off for once and he looked really nice.

Once he was near me I grinned.

"And the new kid comes to pay his respects." I teased when instead he lightly grabbed my face and pressed his lips to mine softly. Without thinking I kissed him back missing the feeling of his kisses and especially his hugs. Finn gave great hugs.

He pulled back holding my face still and pressing his forehead against mine. We both attempted to catch our breaths until he spoke up.

"Baby girl I am so sorry." He whispered just loud enough for me to hear.

"I couldn't stand the thought of you hurting yourself again so I was using everything to throw at you to try and make you stop when really I should have been supporting you. It is what you want to do and you support me with hockey. You're my one Rose. You're the only one I can see sitting in my passenger seat, holding my hand or taking my food. There was only you and there will always be you. I love you so much Rose and I was selfish please forgive me." He said urgently. It sounded like he was going to cry.

I laughed lightly taking his hand and rubbing his cheek.

"Oh Finnigan, I love you too and I miss you. I don't want to be with anyone else but you." I whispered.

"I'm so sorry." He said again and I lightly pecked his lips.

"It's okay." I said hugging him tightly and lightly running my fingers through his hair.

"You look gorgeous by the way." He said looking down. His hands went to my hips and I smiled grabbing his wrists.

"You like my dress?" I asked and he nodded.

"And I loved watching you play tonight. I had a lot of fun watching from the sidelines and quietly cheering you on." He said pulling my body towards his. I pinched his cheek and laughed.

"Oh my Finnigan I missed you." I cooed.

"Dance with me?" He asked holding out his hand.

"You ready for these dance moves?" I asked sticking out my hip.

"Come show me baby." He chuckled.

-----

I had to put Finnigan and Rose back together I was getting sad I'm such a sappy romantic when it comes to this goddammit.