Chapter 28

Steele

Rose sat on top of me and sent hard punches to my face. I didn't want to hit her back but I desperately tried to get her off of me without hurting her. We heard cheering and gasps as Rose kept sending punches to my face.

I finally pushed her off so that I could stand up and she ran at me again.

"You're an ignorant asshole Steele!" She yelled pulling my sweater.

"Rose fucking stop you psycho!" I yelled back.

"Stop being mean to me you bully! I'm your twin sister!"

"Says the one who is fighting me!"

Finn

I just watched the scene in front of me. Both Rose and Steele were pissed. They were fighting each other badly and I did not want to get into the middle of that.

Sky was filming and yelling World Star and other people were in disbelief at the two twins.

"I'm not your best friend anymore idiot!" Rose screamed grabbing Steele's hair.

"Good! I don't want to hang out with psycho's with two coloured eyes!" He said grabbing her braid.

"Bullshit Rivers, you were always jealous of my eyes! Bitches like you love my eyes!" She screamed. Finally Cameron and Sam grabbed Rose and Derek and Connor grabbed Steele.

"I hate you." Rose spat.

"Good." Steele snapped back.

Coach Finley came with another gym teacher and grabbed Steele and Rose by the back of their necks.

"Principal. Now." He barked.

"I can't believe that just happened. It was so intense." Sky said turning around.

"I have never seen that happen. Ever. The two of them are partners in crime." Someone said surprised.

"Hey, Finnigan right?" Sky asked.

"I just go by Finn but yea." I shrugged.

"Rose is really pissed at you." She stated and I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Yea I get that." I mumbled.

"A little Canadian, academy boy bagged Rose. Surprising." She said looking me up and down. I folded my arms and looked down at her.

"Well she doesn't care about that because she keeps fighting."

"Hockey is just as dangerous; concussions, cuts, broken bones and fights. Know your own sport before you judge others." She said before turning and walking away.

Rose

Coach Finley sat us in the office to wait for our parents to come before we saw principal Maverick.

Coach Finley even sat in between us so that we wouldn't fight each other.

"You got a game tonight and you pull this Rivers? You're my captain." Coach sighed shaking his head. Steele looked down and huffed.

"I'm sorry coach." He apologized and I scoffed.

"What are you scoffing at little Rivers?" Coach asked.

"Steele and I are nothing alike." I said staring at the wall.

"No you're not. Steele owns up to his mistakes which is why he is still on my hockey team."

"Steele kisses ass which is why he is still on your team. I don't sell out."

"Rose you were a talented player and you had so much potential." He said.

On cue our parents walked in. Mom stayed home again today so she had on leggings and a simple jacket. Dad was at work so he had on a suit.

"Rose Jennifer and Steele Ethan Rivers." Mom said angrily. Dad was not impressed as we looked up at them.

"Principal Maverick is just having a phone call. Caught these two brawling in the hallway." Finley said.

"Fighting!? You two never fight." My mom said disbelieved. Principal Maverick signalled us in and we sat down as our parents stood behind us.

"Rose, Steele what's up with you two? You never fight each other so it must have been serious." Principal Maverick said.

I glanced at Steele and I frowned.

"I started a new...activity and Steele doesn't improve. In fact he is trying to control my life and tell me what I can and can't do."

"I am not controlling your life I am trying to keep you safe because I care about you." Steele sighed.

"That's why you were calling me psychotic?" I asked.

"Yes because you freak out so easily you need to go to anger management classes or something." He said and I felt my blood begin to boil again.

"Enough. Rose what activity are you doing that is so dangerous?" Dad asked and I looked down.

"I started fighting in the underground." I mumbled.

"The underground!?" Principal Maverick and dad said at the same time.

"What is the underground?" Mom asked.

"Illegal fighting and betting that Rose is getting in to because she wants to break her neck. Again." Steele said.

"Rose you are not doing that, are you crazy?"

"Apparently everyone here thinks I am." I shrugged.

"Rose you can face serious charges for this if the authorities found out and also given your medical history I don't think it would be a good idea." Principal Maverick suggested.

"I like fighting."

"I don't care what you like and don't like you are not doing it!" Mom said through gritted teeth.

"I'm a Rivers, one of us has to do it, right dad?" I asked snitching him.

"Lucas?" Mom asked.

"My dad and my grandfather have been fighting in the underground. We use it as training." He said.

"And when did you do this?" She asked.

"Senior year." He answered.

"Well I don't care you are breaking that tradition." Mom snapped walking out.

"You guys are suspended for a day, is that okay?" Principal Maverick asked dad.

"Sounds reasonable. I'll take tomorrow off." Dad said.

"Go pack up your things you both are done for the day." Maverick said.

"Nice going Rose, I have a game tonight." Steele groaned. I said nothing and just grabbed my bag and walked out of the school. Mom stood by the car and I walked over to her and she grabbed my hands and looked at the scars.

"My only daughter...a fighter!" She yelled throwing her hands into the air.

"Sorry if I don't wear skirts and act girly." I mumbled.

"Rose I don't care if you wear skirts, I care for your safety." She said.

"Mom I'm a good fighter and I know what I am doing." I said.

"Did you know what you were doing when you broke your neck?" She asked.

"A freak accident. It won't happen again because I train myself and I know what I'm doing." I said again.

"Steele ride with your mother. Rose come with me." Dad said. I followed him to his Audi and tossed my bag into the back.

Instead of going the way home dad went downtown.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"If you want to be the Rivers that fights then I won't stop you. Rivers have fought there even before Parker came. But you need to know how to fight." He said.

"Who is going to teach me?"

"My uncle and godfather. My uncle Brandon."